Forums Latest Members
  1. MarkDuke May 12, 2019

Hi,

I have recently decided to invest in a vintage dress watch and found this site. A world of very useful information and helpful people?! I have decided upon a gold constellation, ideally Manhattan (but not adverse to a pie pan) with leather strap.

After some searching I have found the below at a fairly local auction, and am considering making a trip to view it and then possibly to try my hand at bidding for it. I like the watch and would be a watch that would be worn (not daily) not just locked away.

I would be very grateful for some advice on its authenticity (I have read many of the fakes horry stories on here) and also a guide on what people believe it is worth/what to bid up to? It has a guide price of between £800-1000 GBP.

There is a box (shown) but no papers.
    Marked to the back case 53708509
    The photos below are from the auctioneers website and do not have any of the case open, I will ask for it to be opened if/when I go to view it.

I hope I have covered everything? Any and all comments appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mark

2210_4.jpeg 2210_3.jpeg 2210_2.jpeg 2210_1.jpeg

2. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile May 12, 2019

Quartz watches have limited resale value. I would spend some time looking at the many different mechanical Ω watches. For the same price, you can find a solid gold watch with a mechanical movement. Yes, they will need more service, but are much more rewarding to use.

3. MarkDuke May 12, 2019

Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it