Forums Latest Members
  1. hondaman Jun 6, 2013

I have been searching for an entry level UG for some time and recently picked this one up. Stainless steel case with a cal 138ss bumper inside. I am far from an expert on vintage but decided to roll the dice on this one. The bracelet is a vintage white gold filled that I added but will soon put it on a strap.

DSCF1418.JPG DSCF1422.JPG DSCF1424.JPG DSCF1425.JPG DSCF1418.JPG DSCF1425.JPG DSCF1430.JPG DSCF1432.JPG DSCF1434.JPG DSCF1441.JPG
    NT931 and Alpenschneerot like this.
  2. ulackfocus Jun 6, 2013

The second to last picture shows how the ink is raised in AUTOMATIC which leads me to believe it's an original dial. :thumbsup:

3. hondaman Jun 6, 2013

Thanks Dennis. I felt pretty good about this one. I missed out on my first choice but this watch looked better than I expected plus I really wanted one in stainless instead of gold plated.

4. ulackfocus Jun 6, 2013

My pleasure Anthony. So now you've added a UG and an IWC to the box recently. What's your plan - one protypical example from the good brands, or are you buying whatever pops up that tickles your fancy?

5. hondaman Jun 6, 2013

A little of both but closer to a nice example of several very good brands.

6. Adam2941 Jun 6, 2013

Very interesting, unusual example in all original condition, including the crown! It looks like a variation on the Gerald Genta Pola/Polerouter case design, but the lugs are slightly different. Also, the dial has the U shield that is the same as Polerouter dials. If you could provide the serial number (using x's for the last three digits) that would help to determine if it is a pre-Polerouter or post-Polerouter. See my photos and serial numbers in another string about Polarouters that I comment on in this forum. In any case, nice pick up!

7. hondaman Jun 6, 2013

According to the seller the watch was manufactured during the same period with same movement and case as the Polerouter. The serial # is 1764xxx.

8. woodwkr2 Jun 12, 2013

I'll second Dennis' assertion. Looks like a factory original dial, and in great shape.

There's likely a bumper automatic inside, and it likely predates the micro rotor movements used in the Polerouter. (This is my opinion simply from having seen lots of UG, but backed up with no hard evidence because I don't feel like digging through the reference materials tonight).