Forums Latest Members
  1. veronykah Jan 12, 2019

My boyfriend has a Seamaster and I was amazed at how fantastic it looks despite him wearing it all the time for about 12 years. I decided I'd love to have one too as I've worn a watch about as long as I can remember but this will be my first REALLY nice watch.
    I've been looking at different places to buy and found WatchGuyNYC they are selling the Aqua Terra I think I'd like to get. Not sure if they are a reputable dealer?

https://www.watchguynyc.com/collect...-black-steel-women-quartz-220-10-28-60-51-001

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 13, 2019

That’s the best price you’ve seen for that one?

connieseamaster likes this.
  3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 13, 2019

Whatever you do Don’t pay $120 for the appraisal

This is probably a grey dealer so you may have his warranty and not a Omega one .

If it’s your first watch I would go the Omega Boutique or Authorised Dealer and buy new. Try them all on and see what you want. They will have more choice for you also.

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 13, 2019

Isn't (wasn't) WatchguyNYC a member here?

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 13, 2019

@WatchVaultNYC is who you are thinking @JimInOz

Think this is the guy he had issues with over name a while back

Foo2rama, Shabbaz and JimInOz like this.
  6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 13, 2019

Good one Andy, your memory's better than mine :thumbsup:.

STANDY likes this.
  7. veronykah Jan 14, 2019

It is, haven't really seen any pre-owned anywhere. So unfortunately yeah it is.

After looking around the forums here I am considering a pre-owned. I'd like a bit of a larger watch and automatic.
    eLady looks to have great reviews here, looking at these two.
    Anything I should be looking for when buying a pre-owned?

https://mall.elady.com/catalog/product/view/id/218119/
    https://mall.elady.com/catalog/product/view/id/190825/

Edited Jan 14, 2019
  8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 14, 2019

Make sure the check wrist size. ;) one has all the links removed. 5.9 inches?

What’s a larger watch? 36mm is not large for men.

9. REckroat Jan 14, 2019

+1 for going to an OB and trying them all on. Looking at pics is great, but absolutely nothing compares to seeing it on the wrist. What’s better, you’ll be welcome to take pictures of each one on your wrist while trying them on. Every OB I’ve been into has been very accommodating. They fully understand the purchase value and would rather you be happy than to make a quick sale.

And, if you can, buying in an OB is a very nice experience. Otherwise, I’d encourage you to stick to brick and mortar stores or sellers here on the OF for buying confidence.

Good luck with your search!!!

10. veronykah Jan 14, 2019

Good catch, my wrist is about 6.25", I assume it is easier to remove links than add though.
    As for the size I was referring to looking for one larger than the Aqua Terra 28mm I have been looking at.
    OB = Omega broker? I'm new here! Ha!

Lbreak likes this.
  11. REckroat Jan 14, 2019

Close enough! OB = Omega Boutique.

12. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 14, 2019

Generally used watches are sold without the extra/removed links. It can range from impossible to mearly pricey to source the removed links.

Edited Jan 14, 2019
  13. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jan 14, 2019

To the OP,

To give you an idea, I paid $55 USD for a link direct from the OB last year. It was for a modern stainless steel bracelet and they had links in stock. You can call the OB and ask them if they have links, just get the bracelet number off the clasp and the staff will look up the price for the link and also confirm they can order the link.

14. veronykah Jan 15, 2019

This is all very good info to have! Will an OB size a watch for me if I bring it in / do they charge for something like that?

15. REckroat Jan 15, 2019

I've never known an OB to charge for sizing. Certainly not for a model purchased in their store but they've also assisted me in sizing a model I had purchased elsewhere and they graciously assisted. A charge might come in to play should you be in need of something, such as additional links.

16. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 15, 2019

Normally yes. But I’ve seen them not do it on a grey market piece once.