Forums Latest Members
  1. bish789 Aug 26, 2014

2. taz101 Aug 26, 2014

seems very cheap? too good to be true!? also a lot of views with no one buying got to ask why? Looks in very good condition for the year and I would have thought it worth at least 1000 assuming its def real. I noticed there isn't the hallmark on the reverse, the tiny omega symbol but is it meant to be on theolder models? I can see it on my new seamaster.

3. bish789 Aug 26, 2014

Hi Taz. That's what's holding me back. Is it a cracking deal, or a very expensive fake? I must have compared it to Omegas specs and photos a 100 times. Lots of watchers, all thinking the same.

4. Nitzbar Will sell any watch tougher than him. Aug 27, 2014

They didn't start putting the hallmark on there until around 2006-2008. He may be basing the price on how much he paid for it in 1998. I bought the same model, but full size in automatic in 2008 for $1475 from an AD. So he may have paid around that in 1998. And then you take in account that its midsize (which is not as popular), no box and papers and you are most likely going to have to fork out some cash for the extra bracelet links, that price might be about right.

5. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Aug 27, 2014

now that you have brought it to our attention, I suggest you grab it now before some one else does. its a cracking deal at that price and no, its not a fake.

6. taz101 Aug 27, 2014

Nitzbar has a point. My friend bought his 13 years ago for 895 pounds and I wanted one ever since..so my shock you can imagine when I found out the price has tripled since then (but since discovered its not just inflation but due to superior in house movement, automatic over quartz, ceramic bezel etc etc) but yes he may just be looking to get what he paid not realising it is actually worth more now. Anyway appears to have been ended as 'no longer available' which is suspicious meaning he either pulled it for reasons unknown or someone made an offer outside of ebay which has no protection at all so less likely.

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 27, 2014

Well, removed now

8. bish789 Aug 27, 2014

Yeh it's gone. But I don't feel that bad about it. If someone on here got it then fine, we all are looking for the same thing. Thanks for all of the replies.

9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 27, 2014

I am suspicious . Nothing sold recently. A previous sale of a Seamaster chrono, yet this sale was his beloved Seamaster to buy a new furnace.

All sounded like BS.

10. bish789 Aug 27, 2014

That's exactly what went through my mind. Oh and his wife was pregnant too. He told me he had been offered £650 for it but wanted me to have it for £600 so it would go to a good home. Something didn't quite compute. He had put this or another watch like it up for sale in June or July and then withdrew it. If i'd lived near there I would have gone round and had a look to call his bluff. Not to worry, I'll get one.