Forums Latest Members
  1. zrleopold May 21, 2015

Hi guys! I am new around here, but I have been looking for a 1995 Speedy for a while. I came across this http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=413710 on the Rolex forums. I am looking for this to be a birth year watch and as a result, would like everything to be original. It does seem to have the right serial number 48.31 million for 1995, but I don't know much about the correct numbers for bracelets and end links. Is everything on this particular example completely original?

2. WatchVaultNYC May 21, 2015

The first thing you should know that is serial numbers can be off by a couple of years. So if "thinking" that it's a birth year watch based on the serial number is enough for you, then go ahead.

Also, the watch in question is a 3590.50, not a 3570.50. The bracelet is what usually comes with a watch of this vintage. You may or may not like the bracelet as it's a bit rattly (but no other recourse if you're buying a Speedy of this age) . Watch has obviously been polished (but looks well done, bezel doesnt seem to have the dings indicative of a beat up Speedy that was subsequently polished) if you care about these things. Seller in question has a good reputation.

3. Hijak May 21, 2015

The watch you're looking at is being sold by a seller that posts many watches here as well. It may be posted here also, just FYI.

4. zrleopold May 21, 2015

Yea the serial number deal is a bit frustrating. Thank you both for the information. Navigating the field of older watches is admitadly quite difficult, especially for someone like me with little experience. Thanks again. I might end up just looking for a more recent year.

5. oasis3270 Jun 8, 2015

zrleopold, looks like I ended up buying the watch in question. I can attest to the great condition of the watch. I took the watch to the Omega boutique to be re-sized upon arrival, and the staff was really impressed by the watch. I love the watch, and can't keep my eyes off of it. The seller was also a delight to do business with. I stalked the forums for awhile before I pulled the trigger and made sure the seller had a solid reputation.

I plan to swap out the bracelet for a leather strap, similar to the 3590.50 in this article:

http://reeftiger.blogspot.com/2014/11/new-vintage-omega-speedmaster-359050.html

6. zrleopold Jun 8, 2015

Thanks for the reply! I ended up buying the new model with the new box and such. Enjoy your watch!

oasis3270 likes this.
  7. oasis3270 Jun 8, 2015

You as well!