1988 Omega Seamaster Professional 200m 1441 Quartz movement REPLACEMENT

I don't understand what all the secrecy is over old and retired quartz movements! I'm an individual that simply wants to get his watch running again. I call Omega and it's like I'm at the pony betting window "NEXT!" I don't see the big deal.

What is it exactly that you want Omega to provide to you?

James, I think your request wasn't clear with all of the other things around it. Correct me if I misinterpreted, but what you have is a case, dial, crown, stem, probably some hands, maybe a bezel? and you want to make a working watch out of those parts.

Is that about right? You seem otherwise satisfied with what you received from Omega service, aside from the lack of information?
That's exactly correct. Totally satisfied with the Omega Service Center. It's the Omega Customer Service that needs work.
No hands though... Here's a front and back pic of what I have of my original watch. The watch face/dial is Tritium and of course it's yellowed and disintegrated over the years but that is appealing to me. They make replacements date wheels that are champaign colored. If I ever get the quartz movement information I'd probably attempt to look into one of those as well.

Sorry. I thought tat was clear when I stated the replacement was the 1438 movement. That was then followed by Omega's 1458 quartz movement. I believe they're both are no longer available now! That's why I was hoping for some guidance on the ETA movements as Omega owns them now.
1458 ? Did you mean the 1538 ? The 1458 was a tiny movement completely unrelated to that line of watches.

To try to sum things up as this has been rather confusing to everyone here...It seems you want to rebuild a watch using the original case because it has sentimental value, why not, your easiest path will be to have a watchmaker extract the movement of the watch Omega sent you back and fit it in the old case. Yeah Omega told you they couldn't put a new movement in the old case 10 years ago, there might have been a misunderstanding, at any rate it's water under the bridge now.

If not you will have to source a donor movement on eBay/forums as Omega/ETA do not sell movements to individuals and I believe Omega certified watchmaker can only get a new movement if they have an old one to send back. Such movements can be a 1441/1438/1538/ETA 255.461/LONGINES 170.2 and probably others. Then you have the problem of the spacers, hands, joints, etc...It's going to require a lot of patience and dedication !

Nothing from Omega now. Back when they did the work it would have been nice to know why they switched the case body. It would be nice to know a cross reference of an ETA movement that would fit the older 1441 case. The work on my watch was great.
Edited:

1458 ? Did you mean the 1538 ? The 1458 was a tiny movement completely unrelated to that line of watches.

To try to sum things up as this has been rather confusing to everyone here...It seems you want to rebuild a watch using the original case because it has sentimental value, why not, your easiest path will be to have a watchmaker extract the movement of the watch Omega sent you back and fit it in the old case. Yeah Omega told you they couldn't put a new movement in the old case 10 years ago, there might have been a misunderstanding, at any rate it's water under the bridge now.

If not you will have to source a donor movement on eBay/forums as Omega/ETA do not sell movements to individuals and I believe Omega certified watchmaker can only get a new movement if they have an old one to send back. Such movements can be a 1441/1438/1538/ETA 255.461/LONGINES 170.2 and probably others. Then you have the problem of the spacers, hands, joints, etc...It's going to require a lot of patience and dedication !
Sorry.
Yes, 1438 and 1538.

Nothing from Omega now. Back when they did did the work it would have been nice to know why they switched the case body. It would be nice to know a cross reference of an ETA movement that would fit the older 1441 case. The work on my watch was great.

It was 9 years ago...maybe time to let it go...

I've let it go years ago. I had it stashed away in a box. I'm retired and staying busy by cleaning out my house. I came across the watch case, joined a few forums to read up and see if there was ANYTHING that I could do to get it going again. A lot of what I hear is forget about it. So I'll look some more and probably just stash it away and let whoever finds it sell it online. Not ANYTHING to get worked up over that's for sure.

I've let it go years ago. I had it stashed away in a box. I'm retired and staying busy by cleaning out my house. I came across the watch case, joined a few forums to read up and see if there was ANYTHING that I could do to get it going again. A lot of what I hear is forget about it. So I'll look some more and probably just stash it away and let whoever finds it sell it online. Not ANYTHING to get worked up over that's for sure.

ChrisN gave you excellent advice on how to move forward. You should take it.

Time to put that to bed..... Look here At: Time Connection , $106. There you have your movement. Now you have a Brand new Omega divers with warranty and documentation. Plus: A Second One. !! with your memories attached !!!! Only find the easy parts : crown, stem , Hands , some band to wear your memories. Make 2 out of one ! Win-Win . Beeing retired helps to search for the parts. And stops the communication with the Omega company about events, that are water under the bridge for them. I can say that, beeing 73 years young myself. Enjoy life. Kind regards. Achim

Time to put that to bed..... Look here At: Time Connection , $106. There you have your movement. Now you have a Brand new Omega divers with warranty and documentation. Plus: A Second One. !! with your memories attached !!!! Only find the easy parts : crown, stem , Hands , some band to wear your memories. Make 2 out of one ! Win-Win . Beeing retired helps to search for the parts. And stops the communication with the Omega company about events, that are water under the bridge for them. I can say that, beeing 73 years young myself. Enjoy life. Kind regards. Achim

Sounds GREAT watchyouwant.
Thank you for the input; it's appreciated.