Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1980's Audemars Piguet Royal Oak reference 4100

1. Ramone Feb 10, 2020

For sale is a nice and sharp example of the Genta-designed Royal Oak, reference 4100, from the 1980's.

Retaining the same proportions of its Jumbo big brother, this mid-sized Oak is in fact much more suitable for smaller to normal-sized wrists. Despite having roughly the same diameter as a vintage Datejust for example, it wears much bigger, while easily slipping under a shirt cuff due to its extremely slim design. Though it's often listed as 36mm, this reference actually measures around 35mm excluding winding crown. However, the 'lug to lug' measurement is over 43mm, which probably explains why it wears bigger than the 35mm suggests.

The steel and 18k yellow gold case and original, integrated bracelet are in superb condition. There is almost no bracelet stretch (!), the caseback engraving with serial no. is clearly visible and the watch and bracelet have sharp bevels throughout. The brushed finish is virtually damage-free and shows exactly how a vintage Royal Oak should look. I believe the bracelet is at full length and the clasp still closes firmly. The watch retains its original, non-marked hexagonal crown, which winds smoothly and sets the date and time as should.

The ‘petite tapisserie’ dial with applied AP-logo and 18k gold applied markers is absolutely damage-free and looks great on the wrist. The hands have been color-matched to the (untouched) lume on the dial - both glow only very briefly when exposed to strong light.

Inside is the thin JLC-based automatic calibre 2123 in all-original, clean and good running condition (checked by my watchmaker). The watch is currently waterproof and has a normal power reserve but there is no documentation of recent service.

My price for this vintage Royal Oak is EUR 7.850,- via bank wire. The watch is located in the Netherlands, EU. Insured shipping at buyer's cost and risk (buyer may choose method of shipping). Local pick-up welcome for buyers with solid references.

I can be reached at [email protected] for any questions. Plenty of worldwide references available on request.

Return for full refund (minus shipping/insurance/customs charges) within 3 days if not original or not as described/pictured. Returned watch must be received in the same condition as when it was originally shipped. Any possible customs charges, such as import duties or taxes (not applicable within the EU) are the responsibility of the buyer.

Thanks for the space :)

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG 9.JPG 10.JPG 11.JPG 12.JPG 13.JPG 14.JPG 15.JPG

2. Ramone Feb 16, 2020

Still available, thanks for the interest so far. I’ll only consider some vintage Rolex trades but I’m very picky, sorry ;) A cash EU deal is preferred.

3. Ramone Mar 2, 2020

This has been sold, thanks.