Forums Latest Members
  1. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Jan 15, 2015

Hi,

Checking out eBay as I often do for anything decent from 1980, I came across the following. It says it is all NOS, with a 44mil serial. I don't quite understand why they didn't include a picture of the movement when they had the case back off though.

Do you think that this has recently been put together using NOS parts or was it really made as-is back in the day? The case back appears to have the Omega globe icon which is a relatively new feature right? Or could that just be on the sticker?

As an aside, does it cost a pretty penny to import from Oz to the UK?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omega-198...123700216?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item58bcbe25f8Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Thanks all

EDIT: just checked on http://chronomaddox.com/romans.html and it says 44million is actually from 1983 anyway.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 15, 2015

Its not NOS, they say the movement is old stock, its an assembled watch with modern parts and that movement in it. It was never originally a 1980 watch.

Tiny Iota likes this.
  3. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Jan 15, 2015

Thanks...I guess its not ugly enough for a start. I'm beginning to think that, myself excepted, nothing that came from that year is good looking! :whistling:

4. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 15, 2015

80's had good music

MrE and oddboy like this.
  5. m84 Jan 15, 2015

Like dsio said, it appears to be a watch assembled with modern components as many elements don't seem to be from the 80s: dial with round S, swiss made only, lowercase bezel, laser etched bracelet parts as opposed to stamped, replacement caseback...

Hooky and Tiny Iota like this.
  6. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Jan 15, 2015

Former Watchco isn't it?

Hooky likes this.