Forums Latest Members
  1. LaCordobesa Jan 7, 2017

Good afternoon everybody, I inherited my Omega passion from my father, who owns a 1974 Speedsonic bought new, and I'm addressing at you because I'm still very very unaware of how things work, my ignorance is big but my passion is bigger.
    I've recently acquired a very beautiful 1978 Seamaster Mariner II that's currently not working, put a new battery in it but nothing happens. I think that if I change the whole circuit it should work again properly. Am I right?
    Being the vìcaliber 1320 I think I should use the 9150 Omega spare spart, like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Omega-Part-No-9150-for-Calibre-1320-Electronic-Module-/182245199466Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    Here attached you'll find a couple of photos of my acual watch.
    Please give me your advice.
    Thank you very much in advance.
    Vincenzo

$_57.JPG7.JPG $_57.JPG
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 7, 2017

My advice is to take it to a watchmaker who can properly diagnose the reason it won't run, and give you options for repairing it. Just assuming it's the circuit and spending the money there is not a wise choice in my view.

Cheers, Al

Jhh834 likes this.
  3. ConElPueblo Jan 7, 2017

I like this guy!!

You'll fit right in here :thumbsup:

Lonestar and LaCordobesa like this.
  4. Jhh834 Really, I only owned it for 2 weeks! Jan 7, 2017

That is sound advice. Otherwise, the trial and error approach could take much longer and cost much more money than taking it to an experienced watchmaker.

5. LaCordobesa Jan 7, 2017

Thank you so much, I'm here just to learn and share my passion!

6. LaCordobesa Jan 7, 2017

Yes, I think this is the only way, I hope to find the right watchmaker, but I also think that it shouldn't be an extremely difficult watch, isn't it?

7. Bogatir Feb 2, 2017

I have the same issue and question: Mariner II not working and the recommended replacement part is (probably) Omega 1320-9150.
    Can any good watchmaker figure out the problem, or does ot take special (Omega Quartz Ninja) skills?