Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1976 Speedmaster Professional 145.022-76

1. repoman Nov 5, 2017

I offer for sale a 1976 Speedmaster Professional, reference 145.022-76. I purchased this watch on Ebay earlier this year. What attracted me to it, were the nicely patina'd tritium hands and original first generation 1171 bracelet. To be perfectly honest, I was considering using this watch as a donor for the hands and bracelet. When I received the watch, it was in too nice a condition to cannibalize, its a good honest 76 Speedy, so I have kept the watch as I received it, and now offer it for sale to the OF community.

I am asking $3950 USD

The watch is located in southern California. This includes domestic shipping, fully insured via Parcel Pro. I can ship internationally, which will be done at the buyers additional expense, full value declared. A face to face transaction can be arranged in southern California. I have bought and sold several items on Omega Forums, and rolexforums.com and can provide references at your request. I ask that funds be provided by paypal (gift, or add 4%), bank wire, via check/cashiers check, or cash in person. I am a private collector and rarely sell any of my watches. I will go overboard to disclose all issues with any watch I am selling. My reputation in the community is worth more to me than profiteering. All funds must be received prior to the watch being shipped. I do entertain offers, and do not get offended by any offer. If I don't accept your offer, I will either politely decline, counter, or not respond, at my discretion.

Detailed description of the watch: The seller was from the midwest USA. As near as I can tell the watch has never been polished. The movement is extremely clean, and the watch winds smoothly, runs well, and all chronograph functions operate as expected. I have not timed the watch. Service history is unknown. The watch is all original, including the first generation 1171 bracelet, with the trapezoid Omega symbol on clasp, and 3 screw-in pin adjustable links. There is a very small but visible "dimple" on the lower side of the clasp, see photo. It's pretty subtle and doesn't distract from the appeal of the bracelet. I have replaced the springbars, and the rubber oring in the case. I also removed, cleaned, and reinstalled the screw in pins in the bracelet links. They are in good shape. Very few of these watches still have the original 1171 (most come on a service replacement 1171/1 with punch in pins. Original 633 endlinks as well. The dial looks completely clean, any artifacts you see in the pictures are from the Hesalite crystal (with etched omega symbol), which has an assortment of typical scratches (polywatch is your friend).

76Speedy-2.jpg 76Speedy-3.jpg 76Speedy-4.jpg 76Speedy-5.jpg 76Speedy-6.jpg 76Speedy-7.jpg 76Speedy-8.jpg 76Speedy-9.jpg 76Speedy-10.jpg 76Speedy-11.jpg 76Speedy-12.jpg 76Speedy-13.jpg 76Speedy-14.jpg 76Speedy-15.jpg 76Speedy-18.jpg 76Speedy-20.jpg 76Speedy-21.jpg 76Speedy-22.jpg 76Speedy-24.jpg

76Speedy-10.jpg
    omegasaso12, WYO_Watch, CTS-V and 5 others like this.
  2. repoman Nov 5, 2017

and Sold. The good ones go quickly. Thank you OF.

Edited Nov 5, 2017
    rbob99, Taddyangle, WYO_Watch and 3 others like this.