~1975 Omega. Model unknown.

Good evening all. I've recently inherited an Omega watch from my late Grandfather.

He was given the watch as a retirement present from his employer around 1975 who inscribed the back with his name and a fond farewell message. Therefore, it came with no paper work or documentation.

My Grandfather was very proud of the watch and it's clearly been impeccably well looked after until now. I hope to do the same.

I was hoping someone might be able to identify the watch for me, and offer some advice on looking after it.

I have wound it up slightly to see if it works. The second hand glides beautifully - but I'm unsure how many 'winds' are required? Is there a danger of over winding it?

Thanks so much.

Like 2
Since it doesn't have automatic on the dial it may be a manual winder. Only wind until you get resistance, maybe 30 times.
Post a pic of the back of the watch.
May be a solid gold case.
The model will be on the inside of the case back. I can't tell if it is a screw back, press back or a front loader. Would likely be best to take it to a watchmaker for a service and look at the model then. If you plan to wear it, a service will prevent excess wear and improve time keeping. Post your location for a recommended watchmaker you can take it to.

From my knowldge on older models yes be carfully do not over wound. At some point you can not wound it anymore and you will have to stop wound it..

Probably a 9K national production case, perhaps Dennison? Not likely to have an exact Swiss made reference analog.

Looks like the movement comes out from the front, there should be markings inside the back.

Lovely heirloom.

Like 1
Won’t be Dennison as they were long gone by the 70s but it could well be a Shackman case. There were Garrard marked gold presentation watches made in the 70s and 80s so if the box it came with is original it may be in a similar case to those.

Like 3