Forums Latest Members
  1. credance Nov 2, 2013

Hey Guys!

I came across this 1974 Omega Constellation and I am wondering if it's the real deal.. to me everything seems ok, owner claims that the watch has never been renovated and all parts are original. There are just a few hours left until the bidding ends so I would appreciate some advice ASAP. Current winning bid is around 250 EUR, I was thinking of going up to ~350 if it's the real deal. So what do you guys think? Hot or not?

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 2, 2013

Pics needed or its hard to say, a 1974 though is likely a Cal 1000 series which is a less desirable Constellation

3. credance Nov 2, 2013

Coming up! Check out these:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 2, 2013

Is it the shape you really want? C-Cases are liked by some but are worth a lot less than earlier Constellations, also the 1011 makes it worth less than an earlier 500 series movement. If you like it don't get turned off, they're good value, they're just not highly sought after.

5. ulackfocus Nov 2, 2013

I like C-cases and it's in good condition, looking to be fairly well restored (or preserved) with correct (and probably original) parts. I don't care for the 101x movements in comparison to the 56x series, but if you can get the watch for under $575 you'd be doing okay.

Looks like they put an 18 mm strap when a 19 mm is needed so you'll have to buy the correct size if you get it.

6. Sherbie Nov 2, 2013

If you can snag this for under 350€, then buy UK standards, thats a good deal. I like c-cased watches - they appear on the wrist larger than they actually are, and are comfortable to wear.

In Desmonds words, this is from the third Connie design phase

7. credance Nov 2, 2013

Thanks guys! The strap is the least of my concerns as you may imagine, my biggest worry was the dial, because given the seller's information it has never been restored and is 100% original - I figured it looks a bit too good for an almost 40-year old watch. I also had doubts about the logo:
    [​IMG]
    /CSI zoom & enhance mode off

You can see that the letters in the logo are visibly connected and looking at other Constellation dials I thought that these links between letters are more visible than in other cases - but maybe I'm just paranoid. As for the C case - I do like it, although I would prefer a 56x pie pan. This particular one caught my attention because it's well preserved and I thought going after it might just result in a good deal :)

8. credance Nov 2, 2013

Disregard that guys, the current price is now a little over 400€ and for this money the watch is no longer of interest to me. Your assistance is still much appreciated!

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 2, 2013

Yea, with patience you'll find the one that's right for you 400 euro is getting up there