Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1971 Rolex Datejust 1601 ref. w/ a nice non-luminous linen dial & jubilee bracelet

1. seekingseaquest Oct 28, 2023

Up for sale is a classic 1971 Rolex Datejust with a very nice and clean non-luminous linen dial. The case is unpolished, and it comes on the jubilee bracelet pictured. See below for full info, and don’t hesitate to message me with questions.

IMG_2343.jpeg

Dial: The original silver linen dial is in very nice condition with no noticeable blemishes. The linen texture is truly stunning, especially paired with the clean non-luminous black inlays on the markers and hands. The pie pan dial is also a nice touch.

Case: The original 36mm stainless steel 1601 ref. oyster case is in nice, unpolished condition and retains its original 18k white gold bezel. There’s some light wear on the case but nothing significant. Case is stamped between the lugs with the reference and serial number as expected. Serial number dates the watch to 1971.

Crown: Original screw down crown.

Crystal: Cyclops crystal is free of scratches. I don’t believe these were originally signed so I’m not sure if it’s original or not.

Movement: Non-quickset date movement runs, winds, and sets very well, but service history is unknown so no guarantees on continued timekeeping. I don’t have the right tool to open the caseback, and a rubber ball isn’t doing the trick, so I don’t have movement pictures. I believe it should be a 1570 caliber. Given how it’s performing, I don’t expect any surprises.

Bracelet: Comes on the 20mm Rolex jubilee bracelet pictured. I’m no expert on Rolex bracelets, but while the bracelet appears to be fully Rolex (not aftermarket), it’s possible the clasp was replaced at some point because it’s the more modern 62510H model while the links are the earlier folded type as found on 6251Hs. That said, I’ve seen several other 62510H bracelets with the older link style so who knows. Comes with original 55 endlinks. I’ve shortened the bracelet but it comes with the original links that bring it back to what I believe is full length.

Asking $3,750, or best offer, including US shipping (international shipping is also possible). Bank transfer/Wise (or similar) for payment. OF seller reviews are here. Returns are accepted if the watch is grossly misrepresented. Watch is located in the USA.

IMG_2329.jpeg IMG_2331.jpeg IMG_2332.jpeg
    IMG_1778.jpeg IMG_1779.jpeg IMG_0095.jpeg IMG_1780.jpeg IMG_2333.jpeg IMG_2335.jpeg IMG_2336.jpeg IMG_2337.jpeg IMG_2356.jpeg IMG_2357.jpeg IMG_2358.jpeg
    IMG_2347.jpeg IMG_2346.jpeg

Edited Oct 28, 2023
    bikehomero, Paul_S, Losi11 and 26 others like this.
  2. seekingseaquest Oct 31, 2023

Bump

3. seekingseaquest Nov 3, 2023

Happy Friday!

4. Perrier Nov 3, 2023

This is a nice watch. Is there any way you could get a jeweller to open the back and take some photos of the movement? It will help people, including me, make a purchase decision.

Mam likes this.
  5. seekingseaquest Nov 6, 2023

I ship my watches out for service and don’t have a watchmaker I trust nearby, but I will if/when I have time. Regardless, it’s best to assume any un-serviced watch could use a service, and in the unlikely case there’s something amiss in there I’m happy to work with the buyer to make sure they’re satisfied.

Feel free to message me directly if you have additional questions.

Aludic likes this.
  6. Perrier Nov 7, 2023

Thanks for the reply. It's high risk to purchase a watch without clear pictures of the movement, especially when the seller refuses to provide photos of the movement. I'm not saying you're a scammer (I'm confident you're not) but when the payment method cannot be reversed (bank transfer), combined with a refusal to show the movement, it's a red flag.

Mam likes this.
  7. seekingseaquest Nov 7, 2023

Understood :thumbsup:

8. seekingseaquest Nov 7, 2023

Watch is OHPF btw