Forums Latest Members
  1. osojj May 29, 2012

Hi all! New to the forums here. I just purchased this Omega Seamaster Cosmic 2000 and I was referred to this forum by a friend as the place for anything Omega.

I just purchased this watch cheap, and I am wondering what you guys think. I know it's a bit scratched up around the edges, and once the watch is shipped to me I will post more pictures. I am not familiar with the "Cosmic" variation of the Seamasters. The seller assured me it was legitimate and that all the parts were original, including the movement. I guess we will see when I get it in and take it to someone to open it up and look at it, clean it up a bit and make sure it's running smooth. Here are the pictures he has sent me. Any obvious signs it's a franken-Omega or completely fake please let me know, new to the luxury watch game. The closest thing I can find at Omega's website for a match is this: OMEGA Watches: Vintage Watches Database

I will post more pictures once I have the watch in hand and have someone look at it, but anyone familiar with this type of model that could shed any light on it any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    JM

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado May 29, 2012

Welcome!

Looks just fine, should clean up nicely.

There were many variations of the Cosmic 2000, I think this is one of the best looking,
    an update to the classic Seamaster.

3. osojj May 29, 2012

Thanks, mate! I will def post some pictures once I get it tuned up and polished with whatever extra info I find out about it.

4. ulackfocus May 29, 2012

Yep, looks good to me too. The Cosmic came out in the late 60's and ran through the 70's. Nice watch and a relative bargain compared to the earlier Seamasters.

5. ulackfocus May 29, 2012

Yep, looks good to me too. The Cosmic came out in the late 60's and ran through the 70's. Nice watch and a relative bargain compared to the earlier Seamasters.