Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1970s Blue dial Rodania (250$ OBO) see mechanism

1. Jonatan Aug 12, 2017

Dear Omega Forum members,

Up for sale is a recent acquisition that is unfortunately not getting the wrist time I thought it would get or that it deserves.

Automatic 1970s mint, unpolished and all original Rodania with an amazing bleu dial and date at 6 o'clock. Screw down crown and fluted bezel. The diameter is 37mm without crown x 45mm and wears big. It has a quick date set and all functions work perfectly, it keeps excellent time and was bought as New Old Stock. The hands and lume dot have developed a beautiful patina over time which contrasts beautifully against the white on the applied markers. The blue linen dial is at its best in the sun.

There appears to be a faint marking (darker coloration) at 5:25 that is hard to see and harder to photograph. The watch has some minor scratches on the crystal and on the case. I would describe the overall condition as excellent.

Service history is unknown and I would recommend a service if this is going to be your daily wear.

I am looking for 500 NOW $250 USD shipped to your door, I accept wire transfer and PayPal and I will unfortunately not accept returns. Feel free to ask any questions you like.

I can't get the back cover open to take pictures of the mechanism but if need be I will bring it over to my watchmaker.

Watch is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_1113.JPG IMG_1242.JPG IMG_1243.JPG IMG_1244.JPG IMG_1245.JPG IMG_1246.JPG IMG_1247.JPG IMG_1248.JPG IMG_1256.JPG
    Edited Aug 16, 2017
    Dre likes this.
  2. Jonatan Aug 13, 2017

I am opened to offers and will try to get the back opened this week.

3. Jonatan Aug 15, 2017

Paid a visit to my watchmaker to get the back off to get pictures of the mechanism and I'm adding some magnified shots of the dial I did my best to focus on the lume and the darker area at 5:25.

IMG_0074.JPG IMG_1383 2.JPG IMG_3443.JPG IMG_5552 2.JPG IMG_6005 2.JPG
  4. Jonatan Aug 15, 2017

Well crap, I just realized that something is off on this mechanism. The watch says 25 jewels on the dial but the oscillating weight says 17 jewels which make me doubt the mechanism. Perhaps the oscillating weight was changed or perhaps the entire mechanism, no way to know. I was carried away by the condition and the dial when I bought.

I will drop the price by half (250$) and will take any reasonable offer in case someone would still be interested knowing this possible flaw. If it's not sold by Sunday I will withdraw the watch.

Apologies for my mistake, just glad I caught it before the sale.

Edited Aug 15, 2017
  5. Jonatan Sep 5, 2017

And now sold!

oddboy likes this.