Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN 1970 Waltham Exotic Chrono - aka “drunk panda”

1. bristnj Nov 14, 2018

A "catch & release" for me as I have another piece is calling my name. Selling this really cool 1970’s Waltham Exotic Chrono Ref.2327. This is powered by a cal. TDB-K 1369. Based on the unique configuration of the sub-dials, these are sometimes called a “drunk panda”.

Watch is running well and keeps good time. The service history is unknown. Overall the condition is very good. Size is 37mm, and its all Stainless Steel. It come fitted on a period correct Bear bracelet. Lume is a creamy yellow and all in tact. Dial and hands are vibrant. Case is in excellent condition, with only very slight superficial marks, as you would expect from a watch that's almost 50 years old.

Two things I'd like to point out. First, the hours totalizer is resetting and tracking off very slightly. You can see when reset, it is just off the 6. Starting, stopping & resetting are fine, it likely just needs an adjustment. Second, some very slight markings on the dial between 7 & 8 (just above 40 & 60 seconds in the seconds sub-dial). They do not detract from the piece, but I want to be sure you take everything into consideration!

Overall this is a really cool & rare 70's chono in nice condition.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

REDUCED -Asking $995 OBO via PayPal or Bank Wire. Shipping via USPS Priority Mail at $19.95 or USPS Priority Mail International at $34.95. Please feel free to message me with interest or questions. Thanks! Jeff

Edited Nov 17, 2018
    Tet, jaguar11, rupertthebear and 2 others like this.
  2. bristnj Nov 16, 2018

Bump

3. bristnj Nov 17, 2018

REDUCED - $995 OBO.

4. bristnj Nov 21, 2018

Reducing to $875 plus shipping.

I hate to sell this on eBAY (auction ending Friday) as I would much prefer to sell to someone in the community. Feel free to message with interest and Happy Thanksgiving! Jeff

5. bristnj Nov 21, 2018

A few new pics on vintage style leather rally strap, also included as part of sale.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Kali77 Nov 21, 2018

Surprised this hasn't sold yet (maybe upcoming Holidays). Very attractive piece. GLWS!

bristnj likes this.