Forums Latest Members
  1. Daffy Apr 28, 2019

Hi, I have recently acquired this beautiful Omega Constellation, I am told it is quite rare due to the fact it is Day/Date and its unusual strap design.
    I don't know much about the watch, I am interested to know if Omega made a matching ladies version as I would love to buy my wife a matching watch.
    Many Thanks
    Paul

24507_6.jpg
    brunomoreno likes this.
  2. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Apr 28, 2019

Welcome to OF!

A nice watch! Looks like the BA368.5456 model (see this 1972 catalogue).

I don't know if there is a matching women's version. You can browse through the catalogues of the link above to have an idea what was available.

[​IMG]

3. Daffy Apr 28, 2019

Thanks for the reply, I think it does look like the BA368.5456 however it also looks like what I was told could be correct in that the strap is very rare, it looks the same but it has a two tone gold effect. I would still love someone to tell me that they did make a ladies version. Then the hard part will be to locate one.

4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 28, 2019

I bet you and your wife have matching clothes, too, don't you?;)

5. Daffy Apr 28, 2019

Ahhhhh bless, loneliness is such a difficult thing, have you tried the library or maybe voluntary work?, there's so many ways you can find real friends to communicate with and get you out of the house.

6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 28, 2019

I'm happily married because we decided long ago to never have matching anything.

7. Daffy Apr 28, 2019

Pillows? that's probably a very good idea, you shouldn't feel you have to explain your marriage to strangers any more than you have to judge them.

8. rincondeltiempo Apr 28, 2019

Well, let's grab the popcorn. ::popcorn::

Ekonomer-Tuomas, kkt and w154 like this.
  9. micampe Apr 28, 2019

connieseamaster and Deafboy like this.
  10. M'Bob Apr 28, 2019

Wait...this isn't you?

image.jpeg

11. Daffy Apr 29, 2019

Many thanks for your feedback, so it looks like Omega did make a ladies version of the watch (without the day/date), but I think the strap is going to be the difficult part, I cant even find a men's watch with this strap.

12. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Apr 29, 2019

The bracelet looks very much like a Shackman, produced for Omega.
    (As does the one in the old advert)
    If you look at the hallmarks/ maker’s name that will confirm it.
    If it says DS&S, it’s a Schackman.

This may be good news if you want to go to the trouble of having a bracelet made as the original Schackman tools were bought by STS
    See this thread:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-18k-milanese-bracelet-hand-made-using-original-tooling.62275/

However, I don’t know if they bought all of the tools to make the different styles of bracelets or just the Milanese.

Perhaps @Tom Dick will know?

Edited Apr 29, 2019
  13. Daffy Apr 29, 2019

Many thanks, fantastic feedback, and the link to the old shackman tools is amazing. Just need to find a watch now.

14. micampe May 27, 2019

15. Edward53 May 27, 2019

How quaintly reassuring to find out that the Italian you would make up for "excellent condition" is in fact correct.

Biezmez and ConElPueblo like this.