Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1970' Omega Seamaster Cosmic Automatic First owner B&P BOR Bracelet

1. Speedmasterfan88 Jul 27, 2016

Hi Forum,

Up for sale is my Omega Seamaster Cosmic Automatic.

Ref: 166.026

Cal: 565

Mov.Nr.: 29377xxx

Quick History on the watch:

I bought this watch from the first owner who himself bought it on a business trip to Basel in July 1970 as a present for his father. He was a sales man for Industrial Tools and always brought back a watch from Suisse when he struck a successfull deal.
    His father rarely wore the watch and after he passed, his son kept the Cosmic nice and save and only wore it from time to time. When he was not wearing it he kept it in a watchmover and applied protection stickers to the crystal and caseback. Well he then finally decided to sell the watch to fund another project and was quite happy that it ended up in the hands of a fellow Omega enthusiast. And I hope it will stay in the Omega Family here, that would be in his liking.

On to the watch itself:

The over all condition is great, there are only minor signs of wear. The brushed and polished finishes of the case survived the last 46 years without any major dents or scratches.

The two tone dial Is very clean.
    Original tritium still present.
    Clearly visible T- SWISS MADE -T. It changes collour depending on the angle of light from a bright Silver to a more off white to champagne.

Caseback Is as sharp as it gets. The engraving looks like that watch was never worn.

Hesalite crystal Is free of any cracks with only light scratches. Omega Symbol Is visible under close inspection.

Bracelet is a full length, nine rows, beads of Rice bracelet. Only little stretch, clasp is raised Omega logo. All Original. Ref: 8901 with 523 endlinks. Beautiful over all condition.

Movement:
    Service History Is unknown. Quick set Date functions as it should. Watch keeps good time.
    Sorry for no movement shots, but my local watchmaker does not have the required tools to properly open a toploader case without the risk of damaging the crystal.

And now for the cherry in top:

Watch comes with its Original Box and the Omega Guarantee Booklet, filled out, dated and stamped July 22 1970 by the Juwelier GUT Basel. The Shop, according to the original owner, is still in business and is now run by the daugther of Mrs. Th. Gut, Mrs. Isabelle Gut.

Only grain of salt I can think of with the offered watch Is that the Original Box has a crack on the backside, I reffer to the pictures below.

Asking 765€ / 840 $

Insured shipping within the EU is included! For overseas shipping please contact me. No returns. Payment via Bankwire only. Can provide references upon request or search for my username here.

Now for some pics:

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.png image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Thanks to OF for the Space!

Cheers,

Max

2. Speedmasterfan88 Jul 27, 2016

OHPF :)

3. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jul 27, 2016

That didn't take long. :D

Speedmasterfan88 likes this.
  4. Mothra Jul 27, 2016

not surprised. That's a bloody lovely cosmic...

5. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jul 27, 2016

I'll have to start checking earlier in the morning.

6. gop76 Jul 27, 2016

Saw it, look for some change in my wallet and it's gone. Damn

Fattony and Speedmasterfan88 like this.
  7. Speedmasterfan88 Jul 28, 2016

Sold! Thanks to OF again for the Space and thanks to the buyer, also thank you guys for all the interest! Wish you luck with being the fastest next Time ;).

Lonestar likes this.