Forums Latest Members
  1. brush Sep 3, 2012

Hi, 1st post from bob in Orland Park, IL. For awhile I've been toying with selling my Omega. I purchased it new in 1969 at the PX in Kami Seya Japan while in the USN, wore it about a year and went to other brands as was constantly scratching crystal. My wife had it cleaned/serviced for our 25th anniversary a few years ago and I have it serviced at the same place, James & Sons, here in Orland Park. I wear a Tag 200 daily and it's just in a drawer which I understand is not good for an automatic. Anyway, being an old guy I have to figure how to post pics however the exact same watch was "sold" at a place called York Time althought they didn't share the sold price (never responded) and mine also has the day plus the date.
    It's a SS cal. 564, 24 jewel, certified chrono quickset day/date, keeps great time, has original SS bracelet but I use a black leather strap currently on watch. For some reason James & Sons replaced the stem so it's not original, nor is the crystal. I guess it's more of a dress watch but does have the SeaMonster logo on the back.
    Never did Ebay and would like not to. Any thoughts where to market where someone can actually see the watch in person and what do you think on value. I was hoping for over a grand but???
    Regards, Bob R

2. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 3, 2012

A steel cal. 564 Seamaster Chronometer is relatively desirable, definitely moreso than the usual Seamaster. Value really depends on condition and state of originality (meaning dial, most of all; crystals, crowns, and parts like the stem are often replaced over the years, but still should be O.E.M. Omega). I think others might chime in regarding potential value. Is the bracelet in good shape without too much stretch? Is there anyone who might be able to help you in photographing the watch and posting/uploading photos?

3. brush Sep 3, 2012

4. brush Sep 3, 2012

My wife has been messing around with "photobucket?" as our parents have left some interesting stuff like an old Parker Big Red, Lladro's, a Bolova Accutron and the like but being in our mid 50's early 60's we're probably not as cool as we like to think on this pc stuff. Have a family bbq today but perhaps tomorrow I'll have her give it a try. Got the pics, don't know how to attach.
    thx for your reply
    bob

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 3, 2012

Does it look like this by any chance:

[​IMG]

6. brush Sep 3, 2012

7. brush Sep 3, 2012

AUS???? U one of those guys always picking on us sailors in downtown Yokahama!!! Yeah, exactly but as mentioned I have a black band but do have tho original bracelet. Way cool!
    bob

8. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Sep 3, 2012

564 is date only so it might look more like this:

[​IMG]

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 3, 2012

True, but in the original post he said his was similar to the 564 that sold, BUT, his had Day and Date:

And if its a chronometer its likely one of the 751s

10. brush Sep 3, 2012

OK, actually I was using the one on York Time as an example. Sorry, didn't know that many variations. Hope you're not going to tell me to take it apart.
    bob

11. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Sep 3, 2012

I stand corrected - missed that part about saying his watch had day and date!

Ok so perhaps looks likes this one:

[​IMG]

12. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 3, 2012

I have to say, as much as your watch head photos lack artistic flair, when you're looking for a "Mug Book" of old Omegas so someone can pick the suspect out of a lineup, having them all the same size and facing dial up like that certainly does make things easy

13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 3, 2012

BTW OP to upload photos, look for the "Upload a File" button next to the "Post Reply" button.

From there you'll have to navigate to where the photos are, and select the first one, and click Open. Then repeat for each file.

The value will be very closely related to the condition the watch is in.

14. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Sep 3, 2012

As you know I take my pictures the exact same way - for me it is more important to show the watch as is - no surprises. I save the artistic flair for my landscape pictures.

And to the OP - price range is $500-$800 depending on condition and whether it has the original omega steel bracelet or not.
    I have seen the stainless steel and gold cap versions of these watches go for over $1000 but only if everything is original and the condition is exceptional.

15. brush Sep 3, 2012

Here's the pics.
    Bob's wife, Pam

Omega1.jpg Omega2.jpg Omega3.jpg Omega4.jpg Omega5.jpg Omega6.jpg Omega7.jpg

16. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 3, 2012

Wow, its not often that a new member posts properly good quality pictures of a watch, well done!

17. brush Sep 3, 2012

18. brush Sep 3, 2012

Did I mention my wife is 6 years younger!! Must make a dif in skill sets.
    Actually these were done a couple months ago in getting ready to post a bunch of stuff to ebay but i chickened out.

19. brush Sep 3, 2012

by the way, the box in the pics is from my Tag, no box or papers from the Omega.

20. jud Sep 3, 2012

So are you selling it?