Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1969 Rolex Explorer 1016 - Reduced

1. chanjere05 Nov 16, 2017

Hello,

This is my first time selling on OF so any feedback is welcome! Firstly, thank you to the moderators for their permission to post here!

I'm selling my 1016 which I purchased on October 4th, 2017 because I haven't bonded with it unfortunately. More importantly, I have something else coming in which I hope to pay for :).

I aim for full disclosure to the best of my knowledge so here goes:

Dial: Frog foot dial is in excellent condition. No spots or marks. Aging of lume is creamy and quite even.

Hands: Hands are also in excellent condition. Lume matches quite closely to the dial markers. At certain angles, you can see the lume on the hour and minute hands are just a shade lighter. They are possibly replacements for a
    Submariner as the minute and second hands do not go past the minute markers.

Crystal: Crystal is domed and has only some faint hairline scratches that are barely visible.

Case: Case has been polished but lugs are still well defined. Minor scratches and scuffs for a watch of this age. Serial no. is 211XXXX, which is correct for a 1969. Both reference number and serial number are clearly stamped.

Case back: Dedication free and has quite a few service marks on the inside.

Crown: Screw down crown tightens and loosens smoothly. Winding is also smooth.

Bracelet: Rivet bracelet is a 7206 with 58 end links, with minimal stretch. Condition is similar to the case and some rivets do show some damage. All 12 links are present. Dated 2nd quarter, 1967.

Movement: A non-hacking 1570 from the transitional period of the late 60s, early 70s. It is clean and running well, although service history is unknown. After I bought the watch, I had it looked over by a former Rolex watchmaker and he said it did not require a full service, only a minor adjustment which he proceeded to do.

Watch is located in Singapore and I am asking USD10,300, which includes shipping with parcel pro insurance. I have shipped my watches overseas for servicing before so I'm familiar with the process. Payment by bank wire and returns are accepted after a 3-day inspection period, if not as described. Buyer to cover return shipping.

References for me as a buyer here on OF can be provided on request and I have 100% feedback on eBay under the same username.

Here are the photos!
    face.JPG dial 1.JPG dial 2.JPG dial 3.JPG right side 1.JPG left side 1.jpg right side 2.JPG left side 2.jpg case back.JPG inside bracelet 1.JPG inside bracelet 2.jpg bracelet blades 1.jpg bracelet blades 2.JPG oustside bracelet 2.JPG outside bracelet 1.JPG bracelet clasp.JPG bracelet stretch.JPG model number.jpg serial number blocked.jpg case back 2.jpg movement.jpg

Photos of the inside of the case back, movement and between the lugs are from the previous seller. I can confirm the photos are accurate as I had a look at the movement and case back when my watchmaker opened the watch. Overall, this is a nice piece to have!

Thank you OF for the space!

Edited Dec 30, 2017
    nlogax, isaac.owen.nz, Isac and 21 others like this.
  2. chanjere05 Nov 26, 2017

The buyer changed his mind so the watch is back up for sale :).

3. SgWatchBaron Nov 26, 2017

Fair price! You are right about the hands being replaced. The minute hand should be long enough to touch the hash marks.

Atin, watch3s and chanjere05 like this.
  4. chanjere05 Dec 2, 2017

Bump!

5. chanjere05 Dec 10, 2017

Reduced to USD10,400!

6. chanjere05 Dec 18, 2017

Bump!

7. chanjere05 Dec 30, 2017

Reduced to USD10,300!

8. chanjere05 Jan 17, 2018

Sold to a Japanese dealer! Thank you OF for the space!