Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1969 Chocolate Vintage Omega Speedmaster Professional, Caliber 861, Tropical Dial

1. toddle321 Feb 24, 2016

Up for sale is my chocolate/tropical vintage 1969 Omega Speedmaster Professional, caliber 861.

Dial: Chocolate/Tropical dial, which is consistent with other Speedmasters in the 2911XXXX serial range. It can be difficult to tell what a tropical dial looks like without having a watch in hand, so I tried to take pictures in different lighting situations. A few of the pictures are taken inside under incandescent light, those are the ones where my skin is a bit pinker. I also took two dial pics outside on a sunny (but not bright) day, you can see green bushes next to my hand in the pictures with natural light.

Hands: Appear to have been repainted/lumed in the past, the minute hand is missing lume which is flaked onto the crystal. I would recommend having your watchmaker fix the flaking lume.

Case: The case is in nice condition, still sharp but shows dings here and there. There are two small nicks on the bottom of the case at about 8:30, but not noticeable when wearing.

Bezel: Newer DNN bezel in good condition.

Movement: Serial 2911XXXX. The prior owner indicated it was serviced in 2013 (no proof or receipt, but there is a case back marking). The watch keeps time and chronograph functions, but when turning the crown it is harder to wind when compared to my other 861s. I would advise having it looked at or potentially serviced again by your watchmaker before making this a daily wearer.

Pictures are an important part of the description, please view them carefully and let me know if you need any others.

My asking price is $4,850, payment via bank wire or Chase Quick Pay. I will cover shipping in the CONUS via FedEx with ParcelPro. International shipping will also be FedEx/ParcelPro, but at actual cost to the buyer less $35. I am located in Chicago (USA). Returns within 2 days if not as described/pictured.

I have references on this forum in the “Seller Profiles and Reviews” section which I can provide upon request.

Thank you to OF for the space! :thumbsup:

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG 9.JPG 10.JPG 11.JPG 12.JPG
    pcdubc, Ko1892, Etp095 and 1 other person like this.