Forums Latest Members
  1. nickpgray Jul 29, 2015

Hi All,

I have been reading the forum with great interest over the last week or so and have just signed up so i can get some thoughts and more knowledgeable (than my own) input.

I wanted to get some opinions on this 68 Seamaster Cosmic. Any and all thoughts would be most appreciated.
    omega-seamaster-cosmic-68-01.jpg omega-seamaster-cosmic-68-05.jpg

Thanks in advance

2. nickpgray Aug 4, 2015

Apologies if i have posted in the wrong section or haven't provided enough information or pictures. I was hoping to get any opinions on the the likelihood of this watch being genuine. i am trying to get additional information from the seller before any potential purchase but wanted to get some views that aren't those of the person selling the item.

Please let me know if what i have provided so far is insufficient to give any any genuine feedback.

Thanks

3. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Aug 4, 2015

Hi,
    I think the dial on this watch has been repainted. I could be wrong, this is not a reference I know very well but it just feels wrong, the 5 minute markers do not look great and I don't like the way the vertical line bisects the e in omega.
    Cheers,

4. nickpgray Aug 4, 2015

Thanks for the reply, after checking out numerous images online this was starting to play on my mind as well but don't have enough of an understanding to highlight this as definitely meaning it has been repainted.

5. lillatroll Aug 4, 2015

All of the minute indicies look slightly off, as does the line running from 6 to 12, it looks like a redial and a pretty poor one at that. I too am no expert and have only seen a few dozen pictures of redials so I could be wrong too.If you look at the markers then the longer lines are not exactly in position, I don think Omega would make something so sloppy.

6. nickpgray Aug 4, 2015

Completely agree it all just looks slightly off and when compared to images of some genuine examples is does appear a little inaccurate. After making this post i approached the seller for some more information and some pictures of the inside of the case and he has gone very quiet on me. All of this along with the price, which i am fairly sure was too high even if it was genuine, are all enough to mean i wont be going any further. Many Thanks for the responses.