Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1968 Omega De Ville cal 711 ultra-thin

1. micampe Nov 6, 2018

Selling my 1968 Omega De Ville ref 161.021 running the ultra-thin Omega movement cal 711.

I am only a hobbyist but I serviced and repaired this watch myself in April 2017, you can see the details of the work I’ve done here: https://omegaforums.net/threads/cal-711-service-and-repair-summary.56061/

The case is extremely sharp, looks new except for the few hairline marks. The dial has some scratches on the edges because when I got it the dial screws were missing (I put new ones, see the report above for details). The scratches are much less noticeable in real life than on these enlarged photos.

The serial number dates it to around 1968. Lug width is 20mm and the case is 28x28mm, but as usual with square watches its 40mm diagonal makes it wear bigger, more like a 35mm round watch.

The minimal dial with thin hour markers and hands make this a very nice classic dress watch.

Asking price for watch only is US$500 OBO + shipping. I am in San Francisco, CA.

The strap in the pictures is a handmade shell cordovan by our own @jankoxxx. It’s not included only because it’s short: it fits just right on my 7" wrist on the very last hole. If you think that fits you and would like the strap too let me know.

fullsizeoutput_de3-2.jpg

fullsizeoutput_ddb.jpg

PA073079.jpg

fullsizeoutput_23b.jpg

fullsizeoutput_9b.jpg

fullsizeoutput_eaf.jpg

Edited Nov 6, 2018
    rhetoric, Noisy Nova, brownip and 7 others like this.