SOLD 1968 Omega Chronostop Driver ref. 145.010 cal. 865

1. septentrio Sep 2, 2020

For sale:
    Omega Chronostop Driver ref. 145.010
    Diameter: worn at the underside of the wrist => 39mm broad, 35mm high
    Head only
    Movement: inhouse Omega manual wind cal. 865, fully serviced
    PRICE net to me is 1.255 euro

With the arrival of my 1968 Doxa Sub I need to sell one of my other 'more casual' vintage pieces. Very nice and honest Chronostop Driver, with Belgian provenance. I bought this watch from the grandson of the first owner. In my possession, I slightly polished the crystal, and had the movement fully serviced. A new original Omega spring 860-1208 was installed. It concerns the 'Driver' edition, which is worn at the underside of the wrist. This to facilitate the timing while having your hands at the wheel.

Case, caseback, crystal and crown
    Full stainless steel case, unpolished, and with razor sharp lines. Radial brushing on top beautifully visible. Some normal scratches but nothing major. The crown is original and signed. The pusher is original. The crystal is original, was slightly polished by me. It has the Omega logo in the middle (old logo, so original crystal). The case measures 39mm wide when wearing the watch at the underside of the wrist. The screw caseback clearly still shows the text 'waterproof tested 30m'.

Hand and dial
    The matt gray/green racing dial shows a lot of depth and is in very nice condition. Nicely aged and intact tritium plots, beautifully crafted indices, sharp white text. On the below right, on the inclined edge between the 4 and 5 marker, you can see an imperfection in the lacquer. This is natural ageing of these dials - the same effect can be seen often on Chronostop dials. The hands are all original and in very nice condition. The tritium is aged and matches the lumeplots. The red seconds hand makes a nice contrast.

Caliber and service
    The Omega inhouse manual 'stop seconds' caliber 865 works perfectly. The watch is just back from a full service - the movement was disassembled, cleaned, oiled, adjusted. The spring was replaced with the original Omega reference 860-1208. The pusher works perfectly and does not stick. The stop-seconds function works like a charm (when pushing the pusher the hand start running, when pushing and holding down the pusher the hand stops and you can read the elapsed time, when releasing the pusher the hand jumps back to 12).

Strap
    The watch is sold head-only. It takes 18mm straps/bracelets. The straps from the pictures are in my collection and are non negociable.

Returns are of course allowed if I misrepresented the watch or the condition.

Two recent feedbacks on this forum (I have a couple other here on the forum and many many others worldwide, you can also find me on IG username a_pylyser):
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/septentrio-wonderful-seller.99859/
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/septentrio-is-a-great-seller.99841/

Pictures!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Zdzislaw, Fritzer, Jkuback and 2 others like this.
  2. septentrio Sep 3, 2020

BUMP with a new price: 1.155 euro net to me.

And with some new pictures from a photo shoot I did this morning:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

watch3s, Fritzer, viwa64 and 8 others like this.
  3. septentrio Sep 4, 2020

Bump for the weekend! Open for reasonable offers.

4. septentrio Sep 6, 2020

Last bump here => priced below 1000 now at 995 euro net to me. Bargain alert.