Forums Latest Members

1968/9 Omega Auto Seamaster Cosmic Cal. 752 Ref. 1660140

1. Tadrok Apr 23, 2017

q1.jpg Hello,

I'm hoping for some insight as to why any information with this Omega watch is so scarce; I've yet to find many examples with this case/lug style. I recently acquired this watch and I'm quite fond of this case and lug style versus what I mainly see as the rounder type cosmics.

After inspecting the watch, all seems in order, case reference 1660140 marked, clean 24 Jewel Cal. 752 with a serial number of 27660211 which I believe puts it in the upper end of 1968 or lower lend of 1969. Cyrstal is original Omega signed, only the crown is aftermarket (which I want to replace).

Even on the Ofrei site I get zero results when searching the case reference number?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Apr 23, 2017

The dial is NOT for this case, there never was a Seamaster Cosmic in this style case.

3. Tadrok Apr 23, 2017

Ok, thank you for that information but still why doesn't that case reference yield any results when searching? Thanks.

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Apr 23, 2017

5. Tadrok Apr 23, 2017

Gee, thanks for your arrogant and condescending dismissal....fortunately, most who are "in the know" would communicate with someone that clearly isn't with a response more of "remember to put the reference in as 166.0140 versus 1660140", it's people like you that help drive people away from seeking information.

6. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Apr 23, 2017

Well actually no, many of those who are "in the know", simply get tried of people who can't be bothered to do a little basic research on their own, preferring to post here and expect others to do the work for them.

Oh, by the way, you're welcome.

Davidt likes this.
  7. Tadrok Apr 23, 2017

Oh yeah, sorry for that Thanks for being an asshole..is that better? No you see, your ignorant and arrogant self can't seem to recognize that the error I was making was not separating the numbers with a dot, something easily explained and corrected if you were anything other than the asshole that you are. Why don't you go back and read my original post, looks like I gleaned quite a bit of information with the only hang up being that I had the case reference number wrong in my search. You are pretty pitiful.

8. Bumper Apr 24, 2017

- Good reply. Should have continued in this format.

Hnansen likes this.
  9. Tadrok Apr 24, 2017

So in summary it's truly quite simple:

If X350 XJR has become so cynical that they are unable to provide simple guidance and/or information, they ought not reply to inquiries such as mine, especially with rude and insulting undertones.

Although I appreciate your self indulgent attempt to provide humorous analysis of my rant towards X350 XJR, you might want to go back and read my initial post and compare it to his comment of "many of those who are "in the know", simply get tried of people who can't be bothered to do a little basic research on their own, preferring to post here and expect others to do the work for them." The amount of correct information I provided, with the exception of improperly formatting the reference number, doesn't fit his narrative.

However, I can imagine it does get frustrating when this and other forums are used in the way X350 XJR referred to and support his position 100%, it just doesn't apply to this scenario particularly since I showed that I had researched this timepiece and only required that one missing piece to my puzzle.

10. Maganator Apr 24, 2017

The internet is a serious business...

11. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Apr 24, 2017

I generally try to avoid other people's arguments but in my opinion his "try Google" comment was not overly condescending or inflammatory.
    However, your calling him an asshole and then following it up with pretty pitiful was bang out of order. Resorting to name calling is just wrong and I believe you should apologise.
    Do you think anyone else here should ever try to help you in the future after throwing such insults around?

12. Tadrok Apr 24, 2017

Yes, I agree with and concede the fact that name calling is never appropriate in dispute resolution and I own that.

That said, I go back to my original point....with the amount of information I provided in my initial inquiry, a simple and appropriate response could have and should have been to provide me the proper way to format the reference number without the quip of "google is your friend, use it". And implying that I was one of those information seekers who had shown no effort in researching prior to making an inquiry simply does not apply to this situation.