Forums Latest Members
  1. socolinsky Dec 12, 2017

Hi all,

I recently picked up a beautiful late 60's Seamaster with the sparkle dial. The watch needs a replacement crown, stem and crystal, which I've acquired thanks to the help of other forum members. I am ready to send the watch out for service, and I thought I would ask for advice as to the best place to send it. I would prefer to send it to a watchmaker in the US in order to avoid the hassle of international shipping.

Here is a picture on the wrist:

image1.jpeg

And here is a picture in harsh lighting to show the beautiful sparkle as well as some of the problems with the finish:

image2.jpeg

As you can see, the sunburst brushing on the bezel is still present, but there are some bumps and scratches that take away from its beauty. Also the vertical brushing on the lugs and horizontal brushing on the sides is a little mushy. I would like to find someone who can do a gentle touch up to bring those elements back. A forum member recommended a watchmaker in Canada (other than Archer) but I would prefer to stay in the US if possible. Also, I contacted a guy better know for his Rolex service skills and he said he could do it.

Does anyone have a suggestion of a good watchmaker to send this beautiful piece for a movement service and light case touch ups? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Vicke Dec 12, 2017

Please, don't let anybody touch that case!
    It's looks to be completely unpolished with nice sharp edges, and shows its age in a beautiful way as it is.

Edited Dec 13, 2017
    ConElPueblo, mydeafcat and efauser like this.
  3. socolinsky Dec 13, 2017

Thanks to those who provided suggestions! The watch is on its way to a watchmaker that will take good care of it.