Forums Latest Members
  1. campbelljohnson May 24, 2020

Hi there,
    Hope everyone is well in this crazy time!
    I have a little isolation project of my own & that is to find a couple of parts for my Father's old Seamaster,
    My Mother gave it to him for their wedding & I'd really to get it restored as a surprise for him!
    It needs a new bezel / glass & minute / second hands & I was wondering if anyone could help?
    I think I can get the glass & hands here in Australia but the bezel is the hard one!
    Details as follows:
    - Case 14905,
    - Calibre 552,
    - 5072 glass number,
    If anyone was able to help that would be awesome!
    Cheers & stay safe,
    Campbell Johnson

IMG_7829.jpg IMG_7828.jpg IMG_7831.jpg
  2. Sherbie May 24, 2020

Welcome.

Find a local old school watchmaker and ask him/her to do a sympathetic movement service, but no polishing of the case.

if you can tell us generally what country/ state or county you are in, one of us may be able to recommend a suitable watchmaker

edit, suggest get a nice leather strap, as that bracelet didnt come with the watch

DaveK likes this.
  3. campbelljohnson May 24, 2020

Thank you so much @Sherbie for your reply!

I'm located in Melbourne / Victoria / Australia & have sent it to a local watchmaker here who is also looking for me.

Yes most definitely to a new strap, great suggestion!!!

4. JwRosenthal May 24, 2020

The crystals are still made by Omega and any watchmaker with a swatch group account can get you the correct factory crystal. The bezel however may be much harder to source. If you can scout eBay for a beaten- non running version of this watch, you may be able to buy it on the cheap for parts. Just make sure bezel on the donor watch isn’t cracked which happened so often

5. campbelljohnson May 25, 2020

Thank you so much @JwRosenthal, thats great advice.....I'll get searching!