Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1966 S/S Onyx Crosshair Dial Omega Seamaster 166.010 with box and papers

1. Davidt Sep 18, 2015

I really thought I could wear dress watches as well as sport/tool watches. Turns out I just don't and when I go to put this on, I inadvertantly grab a Speedmaster. It's too nice of a package to sit in my drawer so I'm putting it up for sale.

It's a 166.010 Omega Seamaster, in stainless steel, with the 562 movement and dating from 1966.

In very good condition and all original as far as I can tell (I've absolutely no desire to be anything but honest so if anyone disagrees, please feel free to comment).

Case - stainless steel case with original Seamaster caseback. Good condition, retaining its original shape. Some surface scratches.

Dial - original crosshair dial with onyx markers. Some patina/spotting. This is most visible when tilted at a certain angle. Looks beautiful on the wrist.

Movement - original Omega 562 movement. Works fine but I haven't seeviced it and have no idea when it was last done.

Crystal - I believe this is the original crystal as it has the old style omega logo. Small dent at 1oclock but I didn't notice this for several weeks and as it's the original crystal, I haven't changed it.

Comes with the original red leatherette box and Omega guarantee booklet. Movement number matches paperwork and confirms it was sold in May '66.

Comes with new black leather strap.

£450 GBP net + postage. Watch is in the UK.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Edited Sep 18, 2015
  2. Davidt Sep 18, 2015

3. Davidt Sep 23, 2015

OHPF.

JohnSteed likes this.