1966 Omega Speedmaster Cal 321 NEED BOX? PLEASE HELP!

I am so fortunate to have recently found this amazing 1966 Speedmaster. It came with its original papers. It was bought in 1969 but the serial number shows that it was made in 1966. I am missing the original BOX and have no idea which one would be the correct one. Any Help would be greatly appreciated. If you need any other pics please don't hesitate to ask.

Dario

If you get an extract it will confirm date of release - ignore what internet tables tell you.

1-img_001.jpg

I am so fortunate to have recently found this amazing 1966 Speedmaster. It came with its original papers. It was bought in 1969 but the serial number shows that it was made in 1966. I am missing the original BOX and have no idea which one would be the correct one. Any Help would be greatly appreciated. If you need any other pics please don't hesitate to ask.

Dario

Hi Dario and congrats to your watch!

Would be nice to see larger pictures of the watch (if you like to post them here)

beau

Dario
beautiful

Here are another few of pics. Any pic of the top of the red box I have seen one that was stitched in a quilted pattern and the size would be helpful. Or if anyone has one they would part with I would love to hear about it

Dario

Dario
The generic red boxes for 1960s speedmaster are just plain red on top, you will see them referenced in this thread https://omegaforums.net/threads/lets-make-the-ultimate-omega-box-thread.26615/. Referred to as 1501 but some do not have this number printed on them size is approx 10.5 x 10.5 x 6 cm (does seem to be some slight variation - I have one with outer box made in sweden a few millimeters different. You have to be careful on the ladies watch box 1505 that is very similar but has narrower band to hold the watch and not quite as deep. They are regularly available on ebay (especially in the UK) and there are some reproductions that seem to be around also.

The quilted one you mentioned I believe are for a seamaster.

Michael