Forums Latest Members
  1. hankfury Sep 4, 2013

Hi all,
    I am a newcomer to this forum but have worn an Omega Speedmaster Professional ref 35735000 calibre 1863 since 2004 [ presently with a shark mesh bracelet... sorry to all sticklers to originality but the supplied bracelet is sitting in the box re-awaiting a turn ] My wife and daughter wear Seamaster 300m's [one with diamond bezel, one not.]
    My question is to the markers on a 1966 Seamaster I have acquired. Specifically to the markers...
    It has come from a reputable dealer but I am concerned as to the transferred markers on the watch. I have researched a much as possible but cannot find out definitively whether Omega in the sixties had markers transferred onto dials, probably to offer a base line model and keep costs down?
    I have had negative answers... refusal to discuss answers from Vintage Omega Burlington Arcade... omega seamaster 002.JPG omega seamaster 003.JPG omega seamaster 004.JPG and most probably answers... I understand there were 1000's of variations and would greatly appreciate any feedback offered. Here are the pics...
    The watch was described as original in every way. Thank you in advance for any reply...
    Regards Hankfury

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Sep 4, 2013

Your dial is refinished and those "markers" look to have been printed on as part of this refinishing.

3. Patrick Dixon How do these messages get here? Sep 4, 2013

So definitely not "original in every way".

4. ulackfocus Sep 4, 2013

Wonder if the markers were white gold and they were removed and scrapped?

Definitely a refinish job.

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 4, 2013

Looks like its a Seamaster 600 from the case style. Most of the dials on these had markers which were raised but not applied, so they were likely polished off when it was refinished, with the result we see here.

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 4, 2013

Really gives a new meaning to Hoi's, "painted Onyx markers". ::facepalm2::

John R Smith likes this.
  7. Hijak Sep 4, 2013

It should look more like this...

Wrist Shot, 3.JPG

With applied markers of some type...

8. hankfury Sep 4, 2013

Hi Hijak, Thanks for the post! Looking at your watch I accept the markers look original but is not the dial refinished?

9. Hijak Sep 4, 2013

Totally original!

10. John R Smith Sep 4, 2013

Your watch was sold against an incorrect description. Take it back and demand a refund.

11. Mothra Sep 4, 2013

Did this actually come from somlos in Burlington arcade? If so, that's a new low....

12. hankfury Sep 4, 2013

Thank you all for prompt replies, they are much appreciated. I have already been offered a full refund prior to my initial posting. As I have no prior experience of vintage omega's I thought it only fair back up my susicions before its return.