Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1965 Rolex Submariner 5513 - Glossy Gilt Dial

1. mbeast May 18, 2019

For sale is my Rolex Submariner 5513 with original gilt dial. It has a 1.3 million serial number, dating the watch to 1965.

Dial & Hands: Original gilt dial in very good, glossy condition. Never relumed or relacquered. Lacquer surface has some light wear with spidering and spotting patina on the surface, but remains very glossy and 'wet' in appearance. No chips or lacquering peeling.

Original lume is fully intact with no chipping or cratering. Glows brightly when exposed to light but drops off quickly, which is correct for lume of this era.

Hands are later tritium replacements, slightly lighter in tone than the dial lume. Hands do not glow.

Case: Very good case that has been polished and has wear from use, but remains relatively thick. There is a 'ding' on the case side, near the 8 o'clock position. Reference and serial number clearly visible. Previous owner's name is engraved very lightly on the caseback. Inner caseback is stamped III.65. Later Rolex service bezel insert.

Strap: Colareb brown vintage-style strap

Service history: Serviced February 2019 by Rolex-approved watchmaker and fitted with new mainspring. Running well and keeping good time.

My asking price is £13,500. Reasonable offers will be considered.

Shipping to the UK and Europe included in the price. Will obtain quote for shipping elsewhere if required.

More photos available on request.

IMG_6044.JPG

IMG_6059.JPG

IMG_6188.JPG

LJZA5665.JPG

IMG_6025.PNG

IMG_6233.JPG

IMG_6283.PNG

IMG_6286.JPG
    IMG_6277.JPG
    IMG_6289.JPG
    IMG_5930_LI.jpg
    IMG_5932.JPG

IMG_6191.JPG
    jayrock26, shishy, marco and 18 others like this.
  2. mbeast May 19, 2019

Now OHPF

3. mbeast May 20, 2019

Watch is available again...already. An overenthusiastic individual said 'I'll take it' and asked me to mark as on hold, then proceeded to change his mind.

Messages have been sent to those who were interested before the watch was prematurely claimed!

DRjre086 and shishy like this.
  4. mbeast May 21, 2019

Now OHPF again!