Forums Latest Members
  1. leepxy Nov 4, 2018

2. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Nov 4, 2018

3. BenBagbag Nov 4, 2018

I think relumes on the sm300 line are particularly avoided. I get the sense that this sentiment is stronger nowadays...

The sm300 is a tool watch. It should show. Once relumed, it is a bit sterile.

ext1 and Archer like this.
  4. mgmarsh39 Nov 4, 2018

I’d love to have that bezel!

5. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Nov 4, 2018

Years back I won an eBay auction. Was not able to tell in pics it was a re-lume. When I asked, seller had no idea what I was talking about, and when I was more clear, he said, oh ya, the hour markers were fading so I had a watchmaker fix it. He was cool about accepting the return. It was $1250 and with bracelet.

BenBagbag likes this.
  6. BenBagbag Nov 4, 2018

Yeah, I'm sure it would be nice to have won it back then. Just seems like market value today on a relume is lower so I am less and less surprised by SM300's that don't do as well. But point well taken - nobody knows where prices will be in a few years and could be this will seem like a steal.

I think the vintage collecting community is really starting to grapple with how to appraise relumes given how well photo500, james hyman, (and others) can do them. They aren't the relumes of even 2 or 3 years ago. My opinion, and sense, is that some people just aren't coming to the table when they see a relumed SM300. I also think those people may have the deepest pockets (or at least are willing to push prices higher).

GIGI321 and JimJupiter like this.
  7. leepxy Nov 4, 2018

I guess it's partially related to how much more accessible info is now with sources like OF so you have more educated buyers who are more discerning

8. simonsays Nov 4, 2018

That is a great re lume! It had me fooled.