1964 Omega Sm300 165.024 , Box & Papers , Provenance & Serviced

Hi

I have decided to let go another of my SM300's....this is one of the very best examples available anywhere.... :)

For Sale is my lovely vintage 1964 Omega Seamaster 300 165.024 with Cal 552 21mill serial movement:

P1050574_zps843e3fba.jpg

This was purchased from the original owner by myself and there is a letter of Provenance included. The Watch itself is a completely unmolested & untouched example....plus original box & papers - something that you very rarely see nowadays !

The watch was purchased in 1964 , worn for a number of years and serviced in 1971. It was then worn occasionally and stored in a drawer in the late seventies....until I acquired it in 2010.

The 'T Swiss' matte black dial & 'stick' handset are completely original with perfect matching patina:

P1050579_zpscb08512f.jpg

and the lovely Bezel is dink & crack free with a beautiful patina to the numbering - it is near perfect for a 50yr old and importantly is the earliest and rarer font style:

P1050561_zpsd74fad5c.jpg

Fully serviced July 2010 the Cal 552 21mill movement dates this one to 1964.....it keeps fantastic time with an excellent reserve.

P1050565_zpsa5a4bbf5.jpg

Correct 'naiad' crown & original Omega domed crystal:

P1050567_zps87ff6e72.jpg

Caseback has a very clear Seamaster logo and wording:

P1050564_zpsb5e34800.jpg

This one also has the benefit of having a fantastic genuine Omega black Sharkskin strap & genuine Omega deployment fitted - it is in lovely condition and worth £400 alone:

P1050568_zps2e150712.jpg

The Watch comes with the original guarantee papers plus the original period Omega inner & outer boxset - photos available on request.

I will also provide a copy of the letter of Provenance on request.

This really is a lovely & superb example of this iconic Watch & I am looking for £2375 OHPF's incl RMSD

Payment via Bank Transfer only -

Plenty of references available - both watch & myself are located in the UK.

All the best - Neil

This watch looks perfect for Seamonster.

Hi

I have spoken with Seamonster....unfortunately he wants all of the above , but with a 'Big Triangle' and date function....so a 166.024 - that's going to be a very difficult & expensive task !

Anyway , back to the piece in question....I've had 2-3x pm's re the watch....and in answer the Price is negotiable & I might accept a prestige vintage watch in part trade....perhaps another pre-moon Speedmaster ?

Best - Neil

This watch looks perfect for Seamonster.

Respectable Member cicindela

It is appreciated, you have my interest in mind.

flame's watch is truly factory-original and meets my expectations. He has kindly brought it to my attention. Unfortunately, I am looking for one with a big triangle at 12 o'clock and a date, too. I shall wait, since I know that watch is hiding somewhere and it will appear, sooner or later. Let us hope and hopefully, when it makes its appearance, it is not beyond my budget.

Thank-you.

A superb watch Neil......and of course I am biased.....best of luck with the sale. I thought you would E-bay a beaut like this....you could potentially get double.

Hi Gents

Unsurprisingly OHPF's - Thanks to OF & Buyer....

Best - Neil

Hi Gents

Unsurprisingly OHPF's - Thanks to OF & Buyer....

Best - Neil

Respectable Member flame

Congratulations to you.

It is hoped, the watch will find a good home, loved and cherished forever. I am sure the new owner will enjoy this beauty, just like you and its first owner.

Thanks for sharing its factory-originality, which is seldom seen in this current environment full of molested, franken and fake Omega diver watches, with all respectable fellow members in this forum.

Thank-you.