Forums Latest Members
  1. RonCT Jan 23, 2017

First post - I've owned several auto-winders (Omega, Tag, Rolex) for decades and haven't had many questions as they were purchased new. Last week I bought 1963 Seamaster 552 in 14k yellow gold that's in wonderful condition. Just fully serviced, pressure tested, and ready to enjoy. The only thing "missing" is a period box. I've looked online "everywhere" and can't seem to discover what box (or boxes) are correct for a 14k Seamaster from the early 60s. I found several examples of watches with "box and papers" that had a red box with red felt holder (sometimes white felt) and others in grey / silver boxes. Sometimes a simple "Omega" under the top, other times writing and seals. And then there are "coffin" and "half-coffin" (I'm making that up) box formats. Any guidance (and source where I can obtain said box) is appreciated.

Thanks so much,
    Ron

Omega S2.jpg

Omega S10.jpg

2. RonCT Jan 25, 2017

Many looks, but no replies. I did find and purchase the attached box I believe to be "accurate" to my 63 Seamaster. Opinion is based on a 1965 watch (sold in 66) with original box and papers that looked to be the same (there were other examples as well). I believe the "waves" are gold in both, but with my box the lighting / flash shows it as "bright".
    Omega Box A.jpg
    Other Watch with Box & Papers
    Omega 1965 18k with box.jpg

Omega 1965 18k with box 2.jpg

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 25, 2017