Forums Latest Members
  1. JTDT Jan 24, 2018

I have been scanning most for sale outlets including our own Private classifieds looking mainly for a Seamaster 166.010 for the last 6 months. They are actually quite hard to come by as i specifically want the one with the longer lugs and date but this one caught my eye.

I am considering bidding on this 550 cal 1962 Seamaster. To my eyes it looks completely original, Not been polished, Lugs still look reasonably sharp but of course well used with plenty of scratches and nicks from years of use. Dial condition looks to be original with plenty of patina. No date unfortunately and no mention at all of a service. Bid already @ $300

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1962-OMEGA...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

On the surface this looks like a nice watch. Will of course need a service and cleaning. Is my untrained and unfamiliar eyes not seeing any red flags. 62 oms4.jpg 62osm3.jpg 62omsm.jpg 62osm.jpg

Appreciate your thoughts on this one

noelekal likes this.
  2. Starman71 Jan 25, 2018

While I will have to let others with expertise answer your questions, I will say that it looks just like my grandfather's Omega from 1968. It was apparently a very desirable watch in that day as he gave very specific instructions to my father on which watch to pick up for him when my dad was in Hong Kong for R&R during Vietnam.
    GrampsOmega.jpg

noelekal likes this.
  3. GuiltyBoomerang Jan 25, 2018

Looks to be a linen/waffle dial. Overall quite neat.

Current bid is about reasonable value.

dxholdren likes this.
  4. Caliber561 Jan 25, 2018

69 bids... :eek:
    Nice piece, unpolished and with a pleasant patina on the dial, but it is pretty scratched up. Top right lug is bent, though all parts seem original. I agree that the current bid is about the reasonable value for the watch.

5. JTDT Jan 25, 2018

The movement in the limited pictures provided looks pretty clean, Crystal may have a small crack or nick @ 6 o'clock.

6. JTDT Jan 25, 2018

Tend to agree, At $300 right now, Its going to need just as much just for a Standard service and cleaning.

7. shawnc9 Jan 25, 2018

I think overall it looks great, the watch has aged pretty well. It will clean up nicely after servicing. Do post some after pics if you managed to get it.

8. JTDT Jan 25, 2018

My Bid is in, 1 hour to go but i have a feeling this one is going to creep up in price as the minutes come to close. I tend to agree its a very honest example and i think a lot of others who are watching this one seem to think so too. Lets see how it goes !!

9. llvhhui Jan 25, 2018

Did you win the bid? Price went way up...

10. JTDT Jan 25, 2018

My Max bid was $425. This watch really got a lot of interest. The search continues !! Thanks

11. ICONO Jan 25, 2018

The killer phrase …”old stock” …::facepalm2::

It was a bit grubby frankly…far better to be had

JTDT likes this.
  12. JTDT Jan 25, 2018

Yep you are right, Nice model. But well used, In the end i think it went for too much. I thought this would be a sub $300 buy. People love a vintage Seamaster !!

Gb2cv and GuiltyBoomerang like this.