1962 Omega Constellation De Luxe next to a modern De Ville Prestige. A short video story.

My attempt at answering the question "why are you obsessed with watches?" with my grandfather's vintage 1962 Constellation De Luxe and my modern De Ville Prestige in a short YouTube video.

My grandfathers Omega Constellation De Luxe was purchased in Hong Kong in 1962. The case, dial, hands, and bracelet are all in white gold. There's 23 diamonds set in the hour markers. It's pure flash with a lot of class. And I think it's a great representation of his career in Asia.

My Omega De Ville Prestige is much more contemporary than my grandfather's watch. It's my daily watch and it works in a lot of different situations. A big reason for me choosing to put an Omega on my wrist is because we do look up to our heroes, and my grandfather certainly is one of mine.

Nice video and an awesome Constellation. We don't see these white gold references very often, they are pretty rare. Do you have the documentation to go with the watch?

Nice video and an awesome Constellation. We don't see these white gold references very often, they are pretty rare. Do you have the documentation to go with the watch?

Thanks for checking it out!

I wrote about it with an extract on watchuseek

watch-info-jpg.17030687

Wonderful watch in combination with that bracelet and a special story too. A real vintage dresswatch which can still impress today! I have that same model in steel and i like it very much, even more in the 37mm variant i also own. Lovely!

A very interesting Constellation, congratulations.

It would be really good if you could post some decent photos of the watch here.

Your grandfather's work must have been quite valued considering the watches he was gifted 👍

Wonderful watch in combination with that bracelet and a special story too. A real vintage dresswatch which can still impress today! I have that same model in steel and i like it very much, even more in the 37mm variant i also own. Lovely!

It's awesome you have the same model! It's a beautiful watch to have. And I do agree with you, the smaller sizes are timeless, and this model fits just right. Thanks for the kind words.
Edited:

Cool video, love that bracelet.

The bracelet is something else! I got a lot of help identifying the watch with mondodec of the Omega Constellations blog. Interesting fact, he believes the bracelet wasn't made in Italy like most Omega Milanese bracelets, but instead commissioned by Omega to local jewelers in Hong Kong, due to war era-gold trade restrictions.

Appreciate you checking it out 😀
Edited:

A very interesting Constellation, congratulations.

It would be really good if you could post some decent photos of the watch here.

My photography skills are as amateur as it gets, as proof in the video lol, but I'll certainly try, I'd love to share more of this piece. Any specific angles or closeups you'd be interested in?

Your grandfather's work must have been quite valued considering the watches he was gifted 👍

I know right? I wish I had the friends/colleagues he did.

Unfortunately when he passed, our family lost most of our connections to Hong Kong. That's why something like this is something I will always cherish.

That Constellation is amazing.

It is! Thanks for watching 😀

Nice watch.

Another example of the special dial that could come without minute markers.!!

May I see more closeup pictures of the dial?
Thanks

My photography skills are as amateur as it gets, as proof in the video lol, but I'll certainly try, I'd love to share more of this piece. Any specific angles or closeups you'd be interested in?

Just the classic images please.
Front, ( with hands away from the writing) back, sides.
Also, the bracelet clasp front and back.

Movt shots would be good if you have them.
It would be useful to know the serial number (just the first 4 numbers will do if you don't want to share the whole number. )

As @cristos71 says, a white gold 14394 is a very uncommon watch and pictures add to the knowledge base of the forum.

It would be useful to know the serial number (just the first 4 numbers will do if you don't want to share the whole number. )

Forgot to include the movement no in my last post. Had some better lighting and some wrist time today for a couple more shots. Looking for an excuse to get a better camera and improving the close ups in the future.

Thanks to everyone still following, hope this piqued your interests.

ZErq5QD.png
AngY4PJ.jpg Yg9tfMU.jpg 1df1JOZ.jpg