Forums Latest Members

FS 1962/63 Certina Blue Ribbon Automatic - Serviced

1. GuiltyBoomerang Jan 1, 2017

The New Year has been ushered in and it's time for another watch offering. This Certina was serviced in June 2016 by Watchguy. The hands and hour plots were relumed at request.

[​IMG]

As part of the service, the crown, winding stem and crystal were replaced. These parts will be included with the watch. The original crown had the winding stem rusted to it, so Watchguy replaced the stem and used a DS replacement crown. This wasn't too noticeable for me during my time with it. The watch is still under warranty, so I believe you can send it back and request for the crown to be replaced with a correct C-marked one (for probably the cost of the crown.)

[​IMG]

The crystal has some light wear marks from occasional wear. The dial has a few marks near the 1 and 2 o'clock markers, just below the centre of the dial, and near the 11 o'clock marker. Lugs received some polish before although the edges are still noticeable. Case and caseback have slight marks from wear. The caseback has an engraving from 1963. I have not opened the watch since receiving it so there is no photo of the inside of the caseback.

[​IMG]

media (2).jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Specs:

Size: 34mm w/o crown, 37mm with. 42mm lug-to-lug.
    Movement: Certina's 25-651 27 jewel automatic. Non quickset date. Can be wound manually.
    Band: New 18mm brown leather strap.

media (1).jpg

media.jpg
    Asking for $175USD via PayPal with fees absorbed by me and shipping to your door worldwide. Any questions, please send me a PM! I have seller feedback on the forums here and here. As always, refunds will only be accepted if the watch is not as described.

[​IMG]

Edited Mar 29, 2018
    sdre, Lonestar, Severin and 1 other person like this.
  2. GuiltyBoomerang Jan 3, 2017

Reduced to $150USD.

Lonestar likes this.
  3. GuiltyBoomerang Mar 29, 2018

Happy Easter! This watch is back for sale after a second service mid last year. The quick-set date (reverse to 11pm and back to 12am) now works and I will include a 14mm Certina buckle on a 18mm tapered black strap.

Selling for $175USD including shipping from Australia via PayPal Friends and Family.

20180330_184342.jpg

Edited Mar 30, 2018
  4. sdre Mar 29, 2018

Very nice piece.

5. GuiltyBoomerang Mar 31, 2018

Easter bump and reduction to $150USD including shipping!

6. GuiltyBoomerang Apr 1, 2018

bumpity bump