Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1960s Yema Sous-Marine Dive watch with Denim Dial

1. bigsom Apr 18, 2019

I bought this watch about 6 months ago and it has seen only a few days of wrist time since I got it, so it's going!

Dial: Denim blue dial with beautiful texture and creamy yellow aging of the lume plots. The text is sharp and fully intact.

Hands: Beautifully aged lume and even aging of the orange sweep seconds hand. There was missing lume on the minute hand when i bought the watch, so I asked James Hyman to sympathetically repair the lume and it looks a fantastic match the hour.

Case: Stainless steel with all the edges and bevels are intact. No major dings at all, many small microscratches. I can't imagine it's been polished given all the angles and edges and I don't think anyone is recutting these cases, hah! Some dimensions - the case is 38mm from side to side 40mm including the crown. The bezel is 36mm in diameter from outer edge to outer edge. The lugs are 19mm.

Bezel: In excellent shape with some scratches from wear, but no chips or significant loss of paint.

Crystal: Domed plexi with small scratches that i've left, could easily be polished out - but I generally leave crystals as they are. Up to you to do what you want!

Movement: I'm not a Yema movement expert, but these were generally unmarked according to posts i read on some french forums with Yema enthusiasts. Keeping excellent time on the timegrapher -3s/d with 250 amp. Beats at 21600 BPH and features automatic and manual winding and quick set date. I've not had it serviced.

Strap: Comes on the blue suede strap that matches the denim dial really nicely in my opinion. Also comes with the vintage corfam strap.

Price: 550 USD to me for the watch shipped to you in the US. For international buyers we can do the shipping at cost.

That dial tho:

yema sous marine (2 of 6).jpg

Sense of the watch in its entirety:

yema sous marine (1 of 6).jpg

Some case shots with edges and bevels:

yema sous marine (3 of 6).jpg

yema sous marine (4 of 6).jpg

Case back:

yema sous marine (5 of 6).jpg

The vintage corfam strap it came on:

yema sous marine (6 of 6).jpg

Movement shot:

IMG_20190418_104343.jpg

Nobagels, Faz, shishy and 8 others like this.