Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1960s vintage Breitling Top Time Chronograph

1. timeismoney Aug 20, 2015

Hi All,

Up for sale is a classic Breitling Top Time in a Stainless Steel Straight Lug Monocoque case. The well defined case including the crown is 36.5mm in diameter, the lugs are still sharp and ridges are clearly visible. The sunburst on the steel colored dial plays very nicely in the light but it does show lume patina on the edges of the dial. All the lume plots are present though no longer glows. There is a slight chip near the 75 mark of the tachymeter as shown in the pictures. For a monocoque case, the dial is in fairly good shape as these tend to get damage during service.

It should also be noted that there is a small crack line at the curvature of the crystal between 10 O' clock and 12 O' clock, try as I may, I just can't get a clear picture of it. The Valjoux 7730 manual wind movement is running without a flaw and all chronograph function as it should. That said, I have not had it service during my possession and buyer should take that into account. I am asking $1550 via Paypal and free shipping within CONUS. This listing is for the head only.

It is a charming little watch, especially on a metal mesh but I just don't wear it enough. It would make a great every day watch as it can dress up or dress down. Please consider the pictures as part of the description and feel free to contact me if you have any questions. All sales are final unless not as described. Thank you for looking and thanks Omega Forum for the space!

IMG_0112.jpg
    1.JPG
    2.JPG
    3.JPG
    4.JPG
    6.JPG
    11.JPG
    12.JPG

IMG_0092.jpg

1969_page_16.jpg~original.jpg