Forums Latest Members
  1. Poloplayer Antimagnetic Member Oct 19, 2012

Hi everyone - I've managed to get hold of two nice boxes for my Speedmaster, which seem subtly different and I would appreciate the thoughts of some experts :)
    They are the same dimensions but one is very white inside and the other more creamy. The only other difference is that the logos seem a very slightly different shape.
    Is one, or both, or neither right for my 1968 Speedmaster?
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350662227.708395.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350662239.861484.jpg
    View attachment 6650
    Thanks,

Giles

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 19, 2012

Frankly, I can't tell any difference in the two boxes from your picture. The toning was probably caused by some environmental factor, like smoking in the house or humidity.

Boxes look to be mid-1960's and certainly could have contained a Speedmaster. It is very difficult to match Omega boxes to a watch unless the box is specifically marked with the model name. The vast majority were not so marked and could have contained anything from a Constellation (most of these came in marked boxes, but not always) to a Ranchero (one of the least expensive Omegas of its time).

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

3. Poloplayer Antimagnetic Member Oct 20, 2012

Thanks Gatorcpa - that not only helps but is exactly what I wanted to hear :)
    Now I just need an original manual for it and I'm home.

Giles