Forums Latest Members
  1. Shteverino Jan 31, 2018

Hi All,

I have just recently discovered the world of vintage Omegas and I am hoping to make my first purchase very soon. I can see an obsession developing and to get me started I am looking at the Seamaster range from the 1960s. I really love the simple elegant styling and its wearability for any occasion.

I was delighted to discover this forum and I am looking to get any thoughts on some prospective purchases. I have listed a few potentials below and would welcome any feedback on authenticity or just general opinions.

The first one is a model 165.001 with a cal. 552 movement. The current owner hasn't serviced it (having owned it for 5 years) so I'm guessing its well over due a service. It looks in good condition. The dial looks almost too good so I am wondering if it is a redial?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second one is a model 166.037 with a cal. 565 movement. Looks good too and is showing its age a bit more.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The third is a model 166.002 with a cal 562 movement. This one's showing a bit more usage on the case but not too bad.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I look forward to hear from you!

Cheers

Steve

2. fjf Jan 31, 2018

#2 dial is out of focus but seems tobe damaged. The other two look good. If the price is reasonable...

Shteverino likes this.
  3. Shteverino Jan 31, 2018

Thanks. The pictures aren't the best on the 2nd one, which makes me think they could be trying to hide something.