Forums Latest Members
  1. _jonte Mar 20, 2012

Hi everyone, new on this forum but a long time watch lover that just got his first Omega...

So just picked a very fine vintage 60's De Ville. The condition is really good. My photos below make it look a lot worse than it is. Guess I'll have to blame my old pos-camera... [​IMG] No macro lens for my dslr I'm afraid.

Been trying to find out the exact model and year of manufacture without opening the watch (monocoque). I think might be a version of the 116.0020 but I can't find an identical item anywhere on the web with the same dial and without date.

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated!!

2. ulackfocus Mar 20, 2012

Welcome to Omega Forums. That line with both Seamaster and DEVILLE on the dial ran from 1963 through 1967, after which the De Ville became a separate line. I suspect that dial is refinished because of the gap between SWISS and MADE on the bottom. Looks like a nice job though.

Here's what the fonts and spacing should look like:

[​IMG]

3. a1watch Mar 20, 2012

welcome and nice watch:)

4. _jonte Mar 20, 2012

Thanks for the reply! Kind of suspected that. If it is a refurbished dial I must say I'm impressed with the results. :)

5. _jonte Mar 22, 2012

Curious if anyone has seen a similar Omega with the gap between SWISS and MADE?