Forums Latest Members
  1. BadBoppa Apr 7, 2017

Hi everyone,

I know you must all get lots of these types of posts - so apologies!

My uncle always had lots of Omega watches when I was growing up and I have always wanted one, browsing on eBay the below popped up. The seller seems legit with good feedback and lots of other high value items for sale, and the price seemed reasonable.. while I was in impulse 'treat yourself' mode anyway :)

I had a quick Google and the face seemed fairly legit (I guess I saw some really bad ones though, so hard to tell with an untrained eye) and it seemed like it had a new 'non-original' strap to me; which I guessed was fairly common for a 50 year old watch. Only thing that I thought may be incorrect is the casing on the back? Not sure if you could help me with regards to if it is authentic, and what model (CAL 269 from my Google image search?) etc it is?

Thanks in advance.

front1.jpg side.jpg back.jpg
  2. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Apr 7, 2017

It is very difficult to say much with out seeing the insides of the watch. We would need a good picture of the movement and the inside of the case back. Having said that, what I can see from the outside does not bode well as far as authenticity is concerned. In particular the case back looks like it is not an Omega part. In addition, the crown is not likely to be original and the dial refinished. If you need more information please post pictures of the inside.

3. BadBoppa Apr 7, 2017

Thanks for the reply, once I receive I will ask the local jeweler to open the back for me to get some pictures :)

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Apr 7, 2017

5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 7, 2017

Haven't seen an uncle thread in a while. It's like old times.

nonuffinkbloke likes this.
  6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 7, 2017

GregH and nonuffinkbloke like this.
  7. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Apr 8, 2017

8. BadBoppa Apr 8, 2017

Thanks for the help, I requested a cancellation as I was unsure, I couldn't find a matching dial anywhere when I Google it, also the 'Swiss Time' looks too big/the 6 o'clock hand is present which didn't look right.
    Think I'll have a longer look and get one I am more confident with (and probably add to this post!).

Guess it will be up for sale again if anyone is interested ;)

Thanks again, all the information is much appreciated.

9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 8, 2017

You weren't sure?

If that's the case, I suggest you spend a lot more time on this forum and other research areas before you jump the shark.

A LOT more time.

Sorry to be blunt, but if you're buying shit like that you really need to get educated before you buy.

Gordon Heavyfoot and efauser like this.
  10. BadBoppa Apr 8, 2017

Yes I do need to get educated on it, and have joined the forum to hopefully do that. What part of my reply lead you to believe I thought I didn't?

Albeit it was in hindsight and should have been done before I clicked 'buy it now' I agree, sale cancelled and lesson learned :)