Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1960s Jenny Caribbean 1000 ref. 702

1. septentrio May 27, 2019

These big and heavy divers appear to be less 'my cup of tea', which is why I am selling this one. It was bought from a well-known Instagrammer that has a lot of connections in the estate clearing business and this watch is in fact an estate-find. It is still 'as found', I only removed the bracelet and that's it.

Jenny was the main case producer which is why the Jenny branded Caribbean 1000s demand a premium.

The list:
    1. Brand+model: Jenny Caribbean 1000 ref. 702;
    2. Condition: very good to exceptional condition. Great dark grey sunburst dial and nice evenly discoloured tritium. Some spots and imperfections on the dial, mainly visible in backlight, but nothing that really catches the eye. Very good bezel without tears which turns freely. Original thick plexi in very good condition. The screw crown works as should, the movement runs well, and the case is sharp and unpolished (with slight scratches). The engraving on the back is still there, but a bit faded;
    3. Size: 40mm crown excluded, 19mm lugs;
    4. Movement: ETA 2472 automatic;
    5. Box/papers/strap: no B+P, watch is sold head only;
    6. Shipping: insured shipping, and bombproof packing, cost is in the 10 to 40 euro range.

My price is EUR 1.500.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Henneth, Fritzer, rmarks and 10 others like this.
  2. septentrio May 28, 2019

Bump

3. septentrio May 31, 2019

Thé perfect tropical beach lounge companion for your summer holidays ::love::
    Price cut to 1.350 euro.

[​IMG]

loniscup and d.f40 like this.
  4. septentrio Jun 8, 2019

Up with the final price decrease; 1200 euro. Just try finding a better Jenny branded example at this pricepoint ;)

If you have it serviced, and get it waterproof checked (perfectly possible with these monocoque cases and solid screw down crowns), you can shine that vintage charm on the beach this summer.

I could sell it on the tropic star as pictured here if desired:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Jun 8, 2019
    loniscup likes this.
  5. septentrio Jun 9, 2019

The tritium is UV tested!

[​IMG]

RawArcher and Socks like this.