Forums Latest Members

WTB 1960's-1970's Omega Automatic 561?

1. poppetis Aug 24, 2013

Good Evening, this is my first post on this forum(be gentle) I have taken a fancy to a Connie which I have always liked there are lots out there I know but so many have been abused or messed about with.
    So I was wondering if anyone has a decent example that is excess to there requirement, for my personal pleasure.
    Regards Will

2. ulackfocus Aug 24, 2013

Hi Will. The 561 was replaced by the 564, but there was some overlap in the mid 60's. I doubt you'll find one past 1967 or 68.

What's your budget? Decent condition Constellations will start around $600 even with a dome dial, and pie pans are $900 minimum. Add a few hundred for excellent condition specimens.

3. Hijak Aug 24, 2013

Are you interested in only the 561? The 564 had the quick set date feature (561 did not). Do you have a preference...dial color/style, case material/style. Without some specifics its hard to know exactly what your looking for, there are so many varieties on Connie!:)

4. poppetis Aug 24, 2013

Thanks for the info about the 564 sounds fine to me ,to be honest I am not too bothered what the style is like I am more interested in the condition and that it is an Auto, some of the 70's Omega's look cool as well. I have various divers but I was looking for something more dressy so a TT or gold /gold plate is preferably, black face?
    Love Chicago, by the way I spent a year hanging out in the Bucktown/Wicker Park area back in the day.
    Thanks Will.

5. poppetis Aug 24, 2013

Many Thanks for the info.
    cheers Will

6. ulackfocus Aug 24, 2013

Oof, a black dial Constellation in any style won't be cheap.

7. poppetis Aug 25, 2013

I have heard that before and they don't come up that often as well, but I am fairly relaxed about it , black or not would be fine as long as It took my fancy.
    Many thanks Will.