Forums Latest Members
  1. Denarius Nov 6, 2017

This is my vintage 1960 Omega 3 hander in solid 9ct gold Dennison case with the workhorse 285 movement.

The story with this one is that I was offered this watch in non working condition with poor images only to go by, so I weighed up my options and offered the scrap weight of the gold as the movement could have been a junker so this way I wouldn't lose out if it was a scrapper.

When it arrived I was surprised at the condition and size, its about 34mm which seems small but looks great on a medium wrist like myself, the gold was tarnished but no nasty dings or scratches and dial looked fantastic, opened the back and the movement looked great with no water damage so I was hoping it could be repaired and serviced, as a bonus it came on an Omega leather with gold plated Omega buckle..

Off it went to a recommended independent watch maker where it stayed for several months, I knew this before sending as he said he was very busy but really wanted to work on this watch, the problem was as expected a broken mainspring but the surprise was that it has the rare Breguet hairspring which was perfect bar some adjustment.

On its return it looks lovely, new crystal, new mainspring, full service and light refurbish to the case and it ticks along perfectly.

The dial looks to have been redone but done very well according to the watchmaker, for 57 years old it is a very nice watch that covers my need for a dress watch with class and elegance.

Hope you like it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Movement Pre-Service
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Nov 6, 2017
    tamura, Vitezi, Spruce and 1 other person like this.
  2. fjf Nov 6, 2017

It is a nice dress watch. Wear it in good health!.

3. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Nov 6, 2017

Very nice with that strap too.

4. ICONO Nov 6, 2017

You should be delighted with the result of your investment

Looks terrific