Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1959 DOXA 14027 Dress Watch

1. sxl2004 Jun 11, 2017

For your consideration, a 1959 DOXA 14027 dress watch with white dial, golden hands and markers.

Doxa is a Swiss brand founded in 1889 and was famous for its dive watches in the 60’s but it has been producing all kind of watches before and i.e. in 1954 DOXA offered a golden watch to the members of the German Soccer Team to celebrate their victory at the World Championship in Berne.

This DOXA dress watch features a white dial with golden hour markers and hands. The hands and the markers have small amounts luminous material applied. The 3, 6, 9 and 12 o’clock hour makers are Arabic numerals, whereas the other hour markers are triangular. Below 12 o’clock the period correct applied DOXA label can be found. At 6 o’clock the marking Swiss Made appears. The case is chrome plated, like all DOXAs, with a brushed middle case. The case back has the DOXA brand marking, the model number and the serial number indicating the manufacture date. The acrylic crystal is blemish free. The movement is a DOXA cal 140 (104) branded ETA movement. It comes on a brown genuine leather strap with alligator print.
    The watch is in great condition and comes with signs of use consistent with its age. The crystal has a few blemishes within the numerals and a few light marks only noticeable with a loupe. The case has some scratches, but the chrome is not worn.
    Size: lug to lug 43mm, width 35mm without crown, 37mm with crown and 10.5 mm high.
    The watch has been serviced by the previous owner and runs beautifully.
    No box or papers are included

I am asking $249 OBO

PayPal and bank transfers are accepted. Please add 3% fees for PayPal payments. Shipping & handling is included for CONUS and added for all other countries. Shipping is fully insured and of course the correct value will be used for custom purposes. If PayPal is used, I will ship only to verified addresses. I prefer to ship directly to the buyer, if other arrangements are made I will not be responsible after dropping off the shipment.

I have bought a few watches here on OF and I can provide you with feedback from EBay and Etsy if requested. The buyer may share feedback ratings on request.

Returns will not be accepted unless the watch is grossly different from the description. Please ask relevant questions before you commit to buying. After all, these are vintage watches.

Unfortunately, I am not a watchmaker and therefore cannot guarantee the future performance or water resistance of the watch. I do however try to describe the watch as accurately as possible. I wish this transaction to be win/win and I will do everything to make it so.

Thanks for your interest and to OF for the space and opportunity to post this FS ad.

1IMG_2532.JPG IMG_2524.JPG IMG_2526.JPG IMG_2527.JPG IMG_2528.JPG IMG_2529.JPG IMG_2530.JPG
  2. sxl2004 Jun 29, 2017

Bump;)

3. sxl2004 Jun 29, 2017

Sold!
    Thanks J!