Forums Latest Members

1957 Trilogy Set pricing is all over the map

1. Syzygy Nov 29, 2019

I've been interested in the '57 Trilogy set, and have been watching the prices for a couple months, but they seem to be running a bit wild lately. I'm seeing numbered sets range anywhere from $18K to $51K! I'm guessing the people selling for super high dollars are just speculating and hoping to get the most they can, but the broad range seems really odd to me. Condition seems to be fairly consistent, so I'm wondering if any others have been noticing the wild spikes?

Would be interested in hearing the thoughts of others regarding this LE set.

Cheers!

2. Evitzee Nov 29, 2019

A complete, full NEW set in original box with all the cards should not cost you any more than the original Omega price, +/- $21k. Make sure they are a complete set, I've seen some offered for top dollar that don't have boxes or papers.

Syzygy likes this.
  3. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Nov 30, 2019

It appears climate change is directly influencing the watch market ;)

On a less serious note : not one of the separate Trilogy is (currently) trading above retail. The complete boxset, imho, should also not be trading above retail.

Syzygy likes this.
  4. abrod520 Dec 1, 2019

FWIW there was a Trilogy set at the Hodinkee / Omega pop-up last week, at MSRP. If you’re interested, you can probably get ahold of it thru either Hodinkee or one of the NY OBs.

5. stevec14 Dec 1, 2019

Watchfinder had one for their Black Friday sale at under retail. Nice packaging etc but I still think I’d be looking to purchase the 3 separately given where the individual pieces trade.