Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1957 Rolex Submariner ref. 6536/1

1. Autaviano Feb 1, 2018

Greetings,

Up for sale is a very nice 1957 Rolex no-crown guard Gilt Sub Ref. 6536/1.

CASE: Excellent case that has nice even lugs and minimal polishing. Small dent behind one of the lugs. Serial and reference numbers are crisp and well defined between the lugs:

Serial number: 23****circa 1957.

Case Back is stamped 6536/1 - I.57

DIAL/HANDS: Excellent early gilt service dial. All markers have an even warm yellow patina and matching yellow tritium hands that glow as they should under a UV light. Dial is super clean and crisp.

Excellent Faded fat font insert with matching tritium pearl.

MOVEMENT: Running COSC, Rolex 1030 cal. with original butterfly rotor is keeping perfect time.

Comes mounted on the tan leather strap shown.

Real time videos of the watch can be seen on my instagram@Autaviano

Plenty of World Wide references here and other watch forums and feel free to ask any questions. Plenty of additional photos just email me.

[email protected]

Price is $22k usd net. Payment is via bank transfer. Shipping using FedEx next day air for CONUS and FedEx priority international express for abroad, with tracking and full insurance. 24 hr inspection period. If not as described full refund will be issued after watch is returned in the same condition it was received.

Trades up or down are welcomed, let me know what you have.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Enjoy

[​IMG][/url]

[​IMG][/url]

[​IMG][/url]

[​IMG][/url]

[​IMG][/url]

[​IMG][/url]

[​IMG][/url]

[​IMG][/url]

[​IMG][/url]

[​IMG][/url]

[​IMG][/url]

[​IMG][/url]

[​IMG][/url]

[​IMG][/url]

[​IMG][/url]

[​IMG][/url]

dougiedude, Kasei, Jwit and 13 others like this.
  2. Zuke Feb 1, 2018

What a great looking watch! GLWS

Autaviano likes this.
  3. Autaviano Feb 2, 2018

Sold

Thank you OF and the buyer.

best

E

bloomy and Kali77 like this.
  4. trackpad Feb 4, 2018

Beautiful watch. Could you reveal how one can identify an early gilt service dial on this reference?

5. brunik Feb 4, 2018

I would like to know as well... thank

6. sky21 Feb 4, 2018

Look at the very bottom, the Swiss t < 25 is not an original gilt dial marking for this reference. It should merely say Swiss. The bezel insert, while very lovely, is not original to the watch either. The price clearly reflects these non-original items, a lovely watch for sure.

7. Jhh834 Really, I only owned it for 2 weeks! Feb 4, 2018

That’s an amazing watch!

Autaviano likes this.
  8. trackpad Feb 5, 2018

I love the way the lume ages on many of these early gilt dials – some uniform lume shrinkage that hews just inside the plot markers. And a higher, more angular lume adding depth and definition to the dial.

Later matte dials with their lower, more rounded blobs and rows of lume offer a different experience – also nice. But this one is very pleasant. (♥!)

Autaviano likes this.
  9. Autaviano Feb 5, 2018

Hey gang. This watch should have a Swiss (only) under 6 o clock. Early service dials were marked Swiss t <25 with gilt text finish. Later service dials were matt dials with non-gilt text, most of the time, with white text. This should also have a red triangle insert. The insert mounted is a nicely faded MK3 insert. If this watch were with it’s correct dial and insert your looking 40k ish. Price on current listing reflects service dial and insert. Congrats to the new owner, this piece will be missed from the collection. Best. E

sky21 likes this.