Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1956 Omega Seamaster Cal. 501 2846-7 Cream Waffle Dial

1. rhetoric Jun 5, 2015

To quote from the member from whom I purchased this in 2013 “I am reluctantly offering up this OmegaSeamasterfrom1956with "Baileys Cream" colouredhoneycombdial in lovely condition with crosshairs, a lovely explorer dial, original crystal, crown, and one of the sharpest chunky lugged steel cases I have seen on an Seamaster! It even has the small bevel on the outside of the bezel. One or two light scratches on the lugs that could be polished out but I have chosen not to. The watch has a light engraving on the caseback that would polish out easily.
    The Cal.501movement is running perfectly and is one of the nicest examples I have seen. I had this watch checked at my local watch repairer Swiss Time Services who service over 15,000 Omegas a year and was told the movement has never been touched and is one of the nicest they'd seen on a Seamaster.”

I can only reiterate this description. However I have had the watch serviced by my local Master watchmaker (receipt available) who confirmed that the mechanism was pristine.

Again from the seller “The watch looks near mint in reality and its very hard to do it justice. I can say I haven't seen one in this shape for a long while, and from the 50's! Most of the ones I have seen that sell onthe Bayhave rounded lugs and polished facets.” And, in WRUW discussion after the sale “I'm not trying to rough feathers here. BUT that is possibly one of the nicest Seamaster cases & waffles i've ever held... “

I have pictured the watch with various leather bands as I’m an avid band swapper, however it is offered with the newish non-authentic 7 row Beads-of-Rice stainless bracelet pictured. It is currently sized for a small wrist, but I will include the extra links. I’ve found the band to be very comfortable.

Price is $1100AUD (Aussie dollar is doing badly, so it’s about $840USD at the moment) plus Paypal. Shipping internationally from Australia would vary from $50USD insured to $90USD.

I have sold several watches on this Forum and my reviews are excellent. Please check.

Some photos are from the original listing. More photos available.

01.jpg
    02.JPG
    02top.JPG
    04bottom.JPG
    05.jpg
    06.jpg
    07.JPG
    08.jpg
    09.jpg
    10.JPG 11.jpg

antonjap, peep, Giff2577 and 8 others like this.
  2. rhetoric Jun 8, 2015

Bump

3. rhetoric Jun 13, 2015

I'm prepared to let this go for $1000AUD (approx $775USD) without the bracelet if someone would prefer it that way. It looks fabulous on leather and with leather.

DSC05171comp 18.jpg
    Bruffell06 likes this.
  4. rhetoric Jun 16, 2015

bump

5. bigdubnick Jun 19, 2015

Bump for a good man selling a great watch. Bought my first vintage omega from rhetoric...still one of my favorite transactions.

rhetoric likes this.
  6. rhetoric Jun 19, 2015

Thanks Nick. But it is sold. Marked as such.

rupertthebear likes this.
  7. bigdubnick Jun 19, 2015

Well darn. A few days late. Glad you sold it! Cheers - nick

alihakim75 likes this.